996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

C2 H&R Street Coils on "lightened" 4s?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 12:50 PM
orangeman
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default C2 H&R Street Coils on "lightened" 4s?

Hey all,

Just picked up my first 911 a week ago, a 2003 4S Coupe 6mt with about 59,000 miles on it. Loving it so far, but I honestly am disappointed with the ride quality, and I seem to be able to find a number of other threads that say the same thing (confirmation bias?).

Anyways, I am all about a firm and taught ride, but what I don't like is jarring. My car feels great in terms of spring rate and rebound, I have no bouncing what-so-ever. However I really feel like they did a poor job with the compression on these cars. It doesn't feel like the struts are absorbing anything at all on un-smooth pavement.

Fortunately, there are a few options from OEM to hardcore and everything in between.

I think the H&R streets are the product I'd like to try. PSS10s would be nice, but I am not sure I can justify the $1k cost over the H&Rs.

Anyways, here's my question:

I have a cup exhaust with no mufflers, no rear seats and no sub, rear end is probably about 70lbs lighter than stock

Front has AWD removed, light battery and no spare/ tools, probably close to 150lbs lighter than stock

I'd bet my car is a lot closer to C2 weight than to stock 4s weight, so would I be better off with C2 spring rates? Especially since I live on crappy-*** upstate new york roads. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It does seem like the C2, 4/4S, and turbos all have different spring heights and rates, so I wonder if the C2 ones would be more appropriate.

Quick Reply: C2 H&R Street Coils on "lightened" 4s?