Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Are Aerokit, Roll bar and GT3 Seats a Sunk Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 03:15 PM
abetaque
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Aerokit, Roll bar and GT3 Seats a Sunk Cost?

My 2003 996 C2 is a dedicated track car. I'm considering adding the full aerokit (just for looks), a roll bar, GT3 seats and harnesses. My dilemma is that I know that I will want a 997 within a year after it is available, so I'm hesitant about spending any money on this car. Anyone have any thoughts on whether I will get much of the cost of these items back upon selling (or trading in) my current car? I'm thinking that maybe if I remove everything and sell it all individually, I might get back half or so.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:44 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very little it is hard to get your money back on Aftermarket mods. The Aero kit will help you move the car but you won't get your money back. The seats especially if you buy in the latest Group buy over at 6speedonline.com you may be able to come close to break even so hang on to your stock seats roll bar is another one if you buy off ebay you may be able to come close to break even.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:54 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Roll bar will be negative to future buyer, indicates abuse.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:34 PM
longhorn911
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Sandoval. Having just spent months looking at used 996's, there was really not much correlation between aerokits and price so I don't think you'll get very much money back. However it may make your car easier to sell. Buyers who want aerokits will seek yours out and may be more likely to pay what you are asking since they are harder to find.

If you like the look - go for it! The 997 may not happen as fast as you think and you'll enjoy your current car more now.

Quick Reply: Are Aerokit, Roll bar and GT3 Seats a Sunk Cost?