Sold my Cab... got a Millennium Edition coupe! - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums



996 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold my Cab... got a Millennium Edition coupe!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #16
AzDropTop
User
 
AzDropTop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 119
Default

Love that interior! Congrats on the new car.
AzDropTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #17
TonyTwoBags
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TonyTwoBags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDropTop View Post
Love that interior! Congrats on the new car.
+1, very classy scheme inside. Nice work, enjoy!
TonyTwoBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:21 PM   #18
Simonripley
User
 
Simonripley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 60
Default

Congratulations on your purchase, Jae. The car looks to be a superb specimen. It sounds like you love driving it as much as I do. I've put nearly a thousand miles on mine in about a month which is way more than I expected. Is there a feature you like the most that your Cab didn't have?

Can also I ask you what Navigation disc you have? If you happen to have a Texas disc, I'd like to buy/trade for it. I have the California/Nevada disc.

Interesting that the owner had two Millennium Editions. How did his look?
Simonripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #19
jaetee
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
jaetee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Posts: 480
Default

Simon... I only have Californina/Nevada Map1 and Southwest/Northwest Map2 discs. I did order a severly outdated NavTech disk #7 (not labeled as Porsche) for the Southeast from ebay for $15. I hope it works, will let you know...

As far as what features I really like... the full leather dash and upgraded steering wheel, plus the fact that it's a coupe with the special color.

The previous owner's other ME car was in similar condition, but without the seat repairs. And it has 5k less miles than mine and no added-on carbon fiber deck spoiler. Otherwise, it looked identical. I didn't get the number on his as I was preoccupied with mine. I have pictures in my phone, will get them transferred to PC and add to the thread soon.
jaetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #20
rudydude
User
 
rudydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 82
Default

Congrats! It's a nice package. Mine is #285. You will get tons of compliments on the color combo. ENJOY!
rudydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #21
Simonripley
User
 
Simonripley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaetee View Post
Simon... I only have Californina/Nevada Map1 and Southwest/Northwest Map2 discs. I did order a severly outdated NavTech disk #7 (not labeled as Porsche) for the Southeast from ebay for $15. I hope it works, will let you know...

As far as what features I really like... the full leather dash and upgraded steering wheel, plus the fact that it's a coupe with the special color.

I have pictures in my phone, will get them transferred to PC and add to the thread soon.


Yes, please let me know what you discover out about the NAV disc. Mine keeps saying "car off map". Lol. Looking forward to more pics. How many miles does your car have? Mine has a little over 54,000.
Simonripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #22
jaetee
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
jaetee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Posts: 480
Default

Finally was able to downsize and download the pics from the day I bought the car...
Attached Images
     
jaetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:28 AM   #23
jaetee
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
jaetee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Posts: 480
Default

I forgot to mention that this car purchase came with a pair of polished stainless Agency Power exhaust headers!

Super excited waiting for exhaust manifold gaskets for my ME...

Simon - My NavTech disc 7 for Southeast arrived, but my Nav doesn't seem to be working at all. It just says "navigaton initializing" when I try to use it, and it stays that way for a long time. Once it said "disc inserted upside down" but that was not the issue. Not sure what to do next. I'd like to leave it stock, but am starting to lean towards a nice aftermarket unit that has bluetooth, usb, etc...

I will try it again with one of the Porsche branded discs that came with the car. Curious to see if the message changes to what you described for being off the map. At least that might tell me if the Nav is working properly and it's just not compatible with the NaveTech disc.

My CD player and radio work great, and the tape deck is trying, but the belts are shot and the wow & flutter is off the charts. Unlistenable. That's a bummer too, because I have a ton of excellent sounding cassettes here that were recorded on some of the best tape decks ever made.

Oh well, no rush on that... other things much more important first. I may just try to get a factory CR-220 that will control the 6-disc changer and let me play tapes and forget about Nav in the P-car altogether. I usually know where I'm going 95% of the time anyway, and still have my smartphone for routing help.
jaetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #24
Simonripley
User
 
Simonripley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaetee View Post
I forgot to mention that this car purchase came with a pair of polished stainless Agency Power exhaust headers!

Super excited waiting for exhaust manifold gaskets for my ME...

Simon - My NavTech disc 7 for Southeast arrived, but my Nav doesn't seem to be working at all. It just says "navigaton initializing" when I try to use it, and it stays that way for a long time. Once it said "disc inserted upside down" but that was not the issue. Not sure what to do next. I'd like to leave it stock, but am starting to lean towards a nice aftermarket unit that has bluetooth, usb, etc...

I will try it again with one of the Porsche branded discs that came with the car. Curious to see if the message changes to what you described for being off the map. At least that might tell me if the Nav is working properly and it's just not compatible with the NaveTech disc.

My CD player and radio work great, and the tape deck is trying, but the belts are shot and the wow & flutter is off the charts. Unlistenable. That's a bummer too, because I have a ton of excellent sounding cassettes here that were recorded on some of the best tape decks ever made.

Oh well, no rush on that... other things much more important first. I may just try to get a factory CR-220 that will control the 6-disc changer and let me play tapes and forget about Nav in the P-car altogether. I usually know where I'm going 95% of the time anyway, and still have my smartphone for routing help.


Damn, that's sweet to have the headers included in the sale! I guess the previous owner bought them but never installed? Are you going to do your exhaust too while you're down there?


I have a few tapes but its all really old music. I will say tapes sound excellent on the current system. Unfortunately, my CD changer cartridge does not eject with the car on or off so I have not been able to use it. All I really use is the radio now.


If I can procure a PCM1 Texas NAV disc I'll use it, but don't need the stock navigation to work. It'd just be a novelty more than anything else. But I would like to make Bluetooth calls and have audio streaming. I'm considering the Alpine ILX-107 with carplay so I can sync my phone and use all its features like Maps and Spotify, etc. CAI makes a kit for that headunit. As others have recommended, I'll hang on to the old equipment in case I need to reinstall for whatever reason. Its got a decent size screen for the price. Oversize screens looks weird in our cars imo.
Simonripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:04 PM   #25
mrjonger
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mrjonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Beach CA
Posts: 245
Default

Congrats! I'm a couple of steps behind you. Currently regretting the cab and thinking of selling. Did you consider a 997? If I stay with Porsche, I think my next is going to be a 997.2 coupe - I'd like to avoid all the preventative maintenance next time. Maybe I'm delusional, I haven't done enough research to see if the 9a1 is reliable.
mrjonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:52 AM   #26
jaetee
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
jaetee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Posts: 480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjonger View Post
Congrats! I'm a couple of steps behind you. Currently regretting the cab and thinking of selling. Did you consider a 997? If I stay with Porsche, I think my next is going to be a 997.2 coupe - I'd like to avoid all the preventative maintenance next time. Maybe I'm delusional, I haven't done enough research to see if the 9a1 is reliable.
Nope, did not consider 997 at all... I had tunnel vision for a 996.1 coupe, and this Millennium Edition was literally screaming at me to buy it... Plus, the seller was kind-of holding the car for me as I knew about four months before I bought it. He had it listed on eBay three separate times and it never met reserve. Then I called him and we spoke for a good while as I thought he might even be interested in a trade. He considered it for a bit, but he already had his 996 ME and other cars to cover the convertible itch. (including an SCCA vintage spec MGB race car and a Maserati Cambiacorsa).

If you can afford a 997.2, I can see why that is an enticing car. Personally, if I could afford 997.2 money and the space to own two 911's, I'd probably lean towards keeping the 996 cab and adding an early MY99 coupe to the garage, and then letting the weather, the event or my choice of clothes for the day decide which I drive... Then again, I am also from the camp that firmly thinks the early MY99 cars will eventually be the first "normal" 996's to go up in value. Since you already have the cab, you can take your dear sweet time and hold out until you find a really early build date car in good shape and all of the options you really want. Even with the PM involved, that's going to be a hellova lot cheaper (for 95% same car) than a 997.2 and you're buying at the much better side of the depreciation curve.

But, if you're dead set on selling your cab in the near term, make it happen sooner than later... There are no 996's on bringatrailer.com right now, and tax time & convertible season are converging! There really is no better time than the present to sell a convertible P-car. With no 996's in the hopper at BaT you should not have to wait long to get your car up for auction.

Good luck whichever way you go.
jaetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:10 PM   #27
MadIrish
User
 
MadIrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Northern CT
Posts: 145
Default

NIce!
MadIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:47 PM   #28
mrjonger
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mrjonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Beach CA
Posts: 245
Default

I actually love the cab - I just don't get to drive it very much because of the same reasons you got rid of yours. Ideally, I'd convince the wife to get something better for a family car. I'll likely be holding on to the cab for at least another year - I paid all my preventative maintenance dues and I don't want to pay them again so soon.

I'm hoping the 997.2 prices will be in the 30's by time I'm ready next year. Congrats again on the purchase.
mrjonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
996 Millennium Edition Registry/Info Simonripley 996 Forum 81 06-30-2017 12:09 AM
Rare 2000 C4 Millenium Edition #004 of 911 tx targa Vehicle Marketplace 12 06-20-2017 06:25 PM
Worth it to keep a Millennium Edition stock? Simonripley 996 Forum 59 03-14-2017 06:23 PM
Ok, whats it worth? 996 Millennium C4 with enhancements. Flat6 Innovations 996 Forum 19 12-21-2016 05:36 PM
New here. Shopping for 996....... Dogote 996 Forum 42 03-24-2016 09:12 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Copyright ę 1998 - 2017 Rennlist.com
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: