Sponsored by:

Parking Magnet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Spork
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Atrox
When you park far away you are basically making your car obvious to everyone. I do what flat 6 does and try to find the curb protection as well.

I also just scratched my car pulling the lawnmower out so we are only kidding ourselves.

You can fit a lawnmower inside your car?
Old 02-02-2017, 04:39 AM
ourkind
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have favorite parking spots, if they're occupied I leave and come back later. I even have suburbs that I refuse to park in, just drop offs if necessary.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:05 AM
Dpazos
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a photo of my Miami urban commuter by my 996. This city has the worst commuters and the narrowest parking spaces.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:59 PM
Tdream1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MadIrish
These folks might work in the plaza and are told not to park close? Me, when I park next to a car more expensive than my own, I can feel fairly safe that the owner of THAT car isn't gonna prang my door with his, lol. parking next to you helps THEM to stay dent free. But I cringe every time I see a minivan next to my car. I just picture hordes of greasy, snot covered rug rats boiling out of the sliding door like a ship full of pirates, clanging zippers and backpacks against my car, and touching things with their plague carrying booger hooks.
'plague carrying booger hooks' is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time!!
Old 02-02-2017, 02:29 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it would be a kodak moment to see a tinkerbell come out to their parked car to find a bird pooped on it...............the the trials of owning a car built for and by the gods . po folk beezz strange
Old 02-02-2017, 05:47 PM
dkraige
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Southern Man

Do our cars have magnets in them that attract other cars in parking lots?!!!
I've developed a theory on this, that many people are incapable of independent thought, or are inherently self-doubters and are afraid to try new things for themselves. So when presented with a mostly-empty parking lot, they tend to park right next to another car, since somebody else has already pioneered that area of the lot, and the newcomer doesn't have to blaze a new trail for themselves and stand out as a bold, independent thinker. It has nothing to do with laziness, because I usually park really far away, so anybody who parks next to me is going to have to walk farther than necessary. It speaks to people's inherent need to fit in.

Whenever I park in left field and then walk back out to my car only to find it surrounded by SUVs parked 6" away, I always say to my wife, "oh great, we got some companions. "
Old 02-02-2017, 05:55 PM
rolex11
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Porsche Parking Only Sign Emblem Metal Official Merchandise

Duh...
Old 02-02-2017, 05:57 PM
rolex11
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Duh on me for not knowing how to post a picture...

ssupposed to be a picture of a "Porsche Parking Only" sign...
Old 02-04-2017, 01:22 PM
MadIrish
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Tdream1
'plague carrying booger hooks' is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time!!
Can you tell I don't have kids?? lol
Old 02-05-2017, 03:55 AM
pcarfan944
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by steved0x
I combine this with always taking a cell phone picture of that vehicle next to mine in case I come out to damage...
+1 glad I'm not the only parking fanatic.

I also take photos whenever I come back to find some nimrod parked within inches. Probably have about 30 photos in the collection by now. Always text them to fellow car friends who get a good laugh.

At my old workplace, I would literally park hundreds of feet away from the furthest car at the very back of the lot and still occasionally find another car crowding the space next to my car. It's obvious people do it intentionally to get under our skin. Others just don't think or probably want to look.

Never had any parking damage to the pcars but did have a young girl park next to my 540i and slam it with her door so hard it cracked the windshield. Thankfully a witness saw it happen and caught me as I was leaving.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:41 AM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Parked next to a brand new SUV what I figured was far enough away. Douchebag had to have opened rear door alllll the way to hit me and did...
​​​​​​I'm just glad I don't ever catch it happening.
​​
i do enjoy taking pictures of people parked with no effort to center the car, often a Subaru.

One morning at a popular breakfast joint there were only a couple spots left and I decided I'd park in the one next to a car that had the driver's side on the parking line. They had plenty of room to park more to the right, just didn't. Was hilarious to watch the waitress ask around the restaurant for the driver to let them into their car. I had half a mind to ignore her.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:59 AM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

The other side of the coin, as demonstrated by a college buddy (his metro)

Old 02-05-2017, 10:05 AM
m3driver
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys ever thought about spitting two spaces so you have enough room to keep people away from your car?
Old 02-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by m3driver
You guys ever thought about spitting two spaces so you have enough room to keep people away from your car?
Yeah, that works...
Old 02-05-2017, 11:14 AM
jgm911t
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny, I was just commenting to my wife the other day how my car attracts other cars. Just get away from my car!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Parking Magnet?