Fabspeed Maxflo Performance Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 03:45 PM
gobs
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fabspeed Maxflo Performance Exhaust System

Hello All,
Anyone out there running the Porsche 996 Carrera Maxflo Performance Exhaust System by Fabspeed? Looking for something not too loud. The clips sounded good but was looking for some opinions.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:05 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 795 Posts

I've got Maxflows on my '99 3.4. I think it sounds great. It can be slightly droney at certain rpms under acceleration, but not a deal breaker by any means.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

I had them on my 996 but the drone around 3200 rpm's made want to drive off a cliff. I would A) send your cans to Darrin Fister for his mod or B) buy some used cans and send them to Darrin if you need your car as a DD. Either way you will be way under the cost of the Maxflows and have a better note with no drone.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:39 PM
mharrison
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had them on mine with headers of unknown provenance and Hi-flow cats. It was pretty quiet until about 3500 to 4k. Then it came alive. It was a bit droney on the Interstate, but sounded great. I will admit that I found myself alternating between 5th and 6th on multi-hour trips just to change the tone of the drone.

After my car was rear-ended, I had Fabspeed headers, Fabspeed mufflers, and OEM cats. It was too quiet for me, but sounded sportier than stock and had no drone. It was almost stock sounding on the Interstate.

I then added a catless x-pipe from Speedtech and it is loud above 4k RPM, sounds great and has no drone. Honestly, with your foot in it, it is obnoxiously loud above 4k, but I LOVE it!

I will say that Fabspeed has top notch build quality and really looks too good to hide under the car!
Old 12-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 116 Posts

Selling a set of Fabspeed Catless X-pipes and Mille Miglia mufflers if you are interested. No drone, sounds and performs amazing. I don't think they will pass Cali Smog if that's a concern though, lol.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Maxflo Performance Exhaust System