Valentine 1 Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 12:04 PM
Poursha
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valentine 1 Install Question

I'm going to hardwire the Valentine 1 and the remote display in my Carrera coupe today, and am wondering if anybody who had done the install on a coupe has pictures or can describe how to hide the wire down the a-pillar and get it under the dash, and run it to the center console for power. Do you have to remove the a-pillar cover (and, if so, how)? I've seen a few DIY sites for the install, but they gloss over this part of the install. Any other tips also appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:22 PM
silver996
Instructor

I used this DIY: http://www.gagme.com/greg/Boxster/hacks/v1.html I just ran the wire down the a pillar and along the top of the windshield by pushing it into the molding with a screwdriver. It's pretty deep and holds the wire firmly. it's invisible too, no worries there. In terms of running the wire from the pilar to below the dash, follow the directions in the DIY, all you need to do is to remove the passenger-side vent. Let me know if you have any questions. I did it the first time in under two hours...
Old 10-29-2003, 08:35 PM
Poursha
Addict
Rennlist Member

Got it installed. Used Rob in WA's recommendation for hanging it using the sun visor clip, inserting it between the headliner support and the windshield--very sturdy, and you don't have the suction cup marks on the windshield, so you can't see it unless you're almost right up against the windshield. I had it installed to the right of the rear view mirror, since I couldn't get the driver's visor further forward than 90 degrees from the roof when it was on the left side of the mirror. With the concealed display mounted on top of the steering wheel housing, there's no need to have it right above your head.

I ended up having it installed by Erick at Custom Exotica in Mountain View (I remember Paulsha having it done there). They charged me $50, which was too good to pass up. Great install, no interior trim panels removed (except, of course, fuse panel surround, where they spliced into the power). Highly recommended.

Last edited by Poursha; 10-29-2003 at 09:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Valentine 1 Install Question