Undocumented OBC Feature???

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 04:03 PM
winovin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Undocumented OBC Feature???

Hi,

While taking my orientation drive and playing with the trip/on board computer, and unknowingly pushing, pulling and lifting the OBC wand, a display popped up showing some information about the cars usage, which included number of hours it has been operating.

I could not replicate this, nor find any reference in the manual to this information. I went thru all the documented features and explored all the menus but could find this again.

Has anyone else seen this, know how to get at it? Any other undocument features??

Thanks,

winovin
Old 10-26-2003, 06:48 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you are confused. There is no reason for a consumer to see DME info which does show operating hours. Jeff
Old 10-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Keyvan
Racer

Why is there no reason? I want to see it, it's my car I want to know how to do it to.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:18 PM
wilam
Instructor

Originally posted by Tool Pants
I think you are confused. There is no reason for a consumer to see DME info which does show operating hours. Jeff
Why is Winovin confused???? He obviously stumbled onto an undocumented feature. I'd like to know how to access this feature. If you don't have any interest, that's your decision.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:00 PM
winovin
Instructor

Tool Pants,

I am not confused - when the particular info I am talking about popped up I was surprised, since it is not typical OBC info. I am interested in knowing this info - could come in useful, for example, in knowing how long the car has been operated (for a potential purchaser), plus how much the car has been used by others (parking, repairs, etc). Also, if the number of engine hours is undocumented, possibly other info could be accessible.

I also stepped through every documented feature and the manual (as stated) and this did not cover the info that I saw.

Does anyone have access to any of the Porsche technical manuals and could look this up???

Thanks,

winovin
Old 10-26-2003, 11:42 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You cannot get such info via the OBC/trip computer. Only from the DME.

I have the "technical manuals"

Prove me wrong with a picture. This is mine - operating hours. Via the PST2 and DME. Jeff

Quick Reply: Undocumented OBC Feature???