Old 09-04-2016, 01:26 AM
andrewlunka
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid dash strip carbon trim install

Disconnect the battery before starting this job
Drivers side:
Start by pulling off the gauge cluster. Here is a video on how to remove it:
to remove the hazard switch you will need to push the two clips in the front and with a pair of needle nose pliers pull on the white part of the plastic connector. Then at the back of the connector pull down.

Next you will need to remove the side dash air vents. Here is a video showing how to do this

Next you will need to remove the plastic surrounding the steering wheel column. Remove the 2 screws attaching it. at the bottom it is just held on with clips. use a plastic flat tool to pop it up. To get it off you will need to remove the plastic cover around the signal stock. Skip ahead to 1:28 of the video
After the signal stock cover is off you should be able to wiggle off the plastic part surrounding the steering column

Now you can get to the screws at the back mid dash trim, there are 2 screws for each peace (T10 torx). They are super hard to get at but with time you will get them off. It took me 10 min a screw.

Passager side:

Remove air vent.
Remove foam cover under the glove box.
Next you need to take out the glove box, it is much easier to remove it, if you take of the door of the glove box first, undo the 2 (10 torx) bolts holding each hinge on. Then with the door open you can unclip the 2 struts that slow the opening of the door. You do this by pulling the struts forward one at a time. Now the door should be off. Undo the 3 screws at top, 2 at each side, and 2 at the back of the glove box (T20 torx). You can now pull the plastic mid section pipe to the side vent off.

You will now be able to take out the passenger air bag. there are 3 bolts holding it on. It should now just pull out.

Unscrew the 7 T10 torx screws holding on the mid dash trim.

The whole job took me 6 hours or so. but I am no expert and had to read up on a bunch of things before I could figure out how to do all this
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Mid dash strip carbon trim install