Sponsored by:

Rear Main Seal

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 11:06 PM
996 AERO
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Main Seal

Just wanted to thank the members on this board for providing me with info that Porsche would "possibly" pick up the tab as a good will gesture for an out of warranty car with a rear main seal leak. My warranty ran out in May and in September I noticed a small leak.. While at the dealership one day the Porsche rep was on site. I was introduced and posed the question to him: I have heard from several people on Rennlist that Porsche will replace the RMS as a good will gesture on a out of warranty car free of charge. To my surprise he said "We will check it out and if it is indeed the RMS we will replace it free of charge!!" I am located in a small town area and this is the only dealership within 100 miles or so and the rep only visits the dealership once every two weeks. My point being it is a good idea to get to know your local rep and establish a good relationship with him/her. Anyhow just want to thank the members (there were a few of you) on this board for pointing this out to me and saving me a good hunk of change. Got the car back today and on the bill it says "Repair covered under warranty as a goodwill gesture to customer" This list is a wealth of information and knowledge. Thanks again to all who informed me of this.I
Old 10-25-2003, 12:23 AM
Gery NJ
Racer

Wow, good show. Now write him a letter and send him a bottle of something
Old 10-25-2003, 01:01 AM
BayArea Jimmy
Track Day

I am glad that Porsche did the right thing, love a happy ending.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:36 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally posted by Gery NJ
Wow, good show. Now write him a letter and send him a bottle of something
I agree, and I'll drink to that!

Quick Reply: Rear Main Seal