Sponsored by:

PSS9 help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 06:52 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PSS9 help

My 996 has PSS9s on it from a previous owner. The car is lowered nicely, but I would like a firmer setting on the shocks and perhaps even stiffer springs. I had JIC Cross on my previous 993, and loved them as the car seemed much more controlled.
My questions are:
1) Exactly where is the adjuster for the shock, and which direction is it rotated to stiffen and soften? (I've found very mixed answers in my search)
2) Are stiffer springs available for PSS9, or am I looking at a completely new set of coil overs for a more controlled ride?
I've searched quite a bit online, and haven't found the answers, hoping someone knows for certain.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:08 PM
kromdom
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

not sure if this will help: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Bg/mobilebasic
Old 08-12-2016, 10:14 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

I did find the adjusters on the bottoms of the front struts, but will need to get it up on stands to read the markings. Still unsure about the rears.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:08 AM
WalterRohrl
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased a set of PSS9's from a fellow lister that came with a firmer set of springs, supposedly 15% or so (they were on his car when he bought it, that's the info he had from the prior owner).

Anyway, they are at my inlaws in CA waiting for me to get them at Thanksgiving or Xmas, whatever SWMBO decides... I've been toying with what to do with them and I think my preference would be to have them with stock springs instead of these stiffer ones.

The first thing I need to do when I get them is to try to figure out exactly what springs or stiffness are on there but I may be up for a swap (of the springs I mean, not the whole assembly as I don't know much about the history of them or yours for that matter and will probably have them rebuilt eventually). The only hitch is the timing as I won't have them in hand for a few months. In any case it does appear that there are stiffer springs available, mine are kind of a pale green color, haven't looked around much more yet.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:32 AM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WalterRohrl
I purchased a set of PSS9's from a fellow lister that came with a firmer set of springs, supposedly 15% or so (they were on his car when he bought it, that's the info he had from the prior owner).

Anyway, they are at my inlaws in CA waiting for me to get them at Thanksgiving or Xmas, whatever SWMBO decides... I've been toying with what to do with them and I think my preference would be to have them with stock springs instead of these stiffer ones.

The first thing I need to do when I get them is to try to figure out exactly what springs or stiffness are on there but I may be up for a swap (of the springs I mean, not the whole assembly as I don't know much about the history of them or yours for that matter and will probably have them rebuilt eventually). The only hitch is the timing as I won't have them in hand for a few months. In any case it does appear that there are stiffer springs available, mine are kind of a pale green color, haven't looked around much more yet.
I would likely be very interested in swapping springs if you are able to determine exactly what they are. I am going to investigate my set further, but I have no reason to suspect they are anything other than the stock PSS9 spring set. I am in absolutely no rush, and honestly a few months is better timing for me anyway. Let's keep in touch.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:47 AM
WalterRohrl
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, I'll PM you.

Quick Reply: PSS9 help