Sponsored by:

opinions/thoughts/feedback on Fabspeed catbypass Xpipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 11:46 PM
JVannozzi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions/thoughts/feedback on Fabspeed catbypass Xpipe

so although i am new to this forum, i know there are already tons of feedback and so on on fabspeed, and all the other cat/exhaust producers out there.

with that being said, i will say i have been very pleased with fabspeed in general from what i bought and the service i have gotten.

in my 01 996, ive added fabspeed supercup exhaust, fabspeed sport headers, and fabspeed intake....

first i did exhauast, then intake......after both the sound was good, as was the performance, but i wanted a little more of a throatier sound......i went for the headers, and after that was totally totally in love.

Like ive mentioned in a previous thread i posted, i stopped driving my 996 for a while (i know, enter the bashing lol) i am expecting a child, so sold my escalade to get a luxury sedan and wound up getting a 2013 s-550......also, my father became terminally ill and passed away 2 months ago from cancer, so i wasnt into anything really for awhile. Dad passed, and left me his 1967 Jaguar XKE Series 1 OTS roadster in mint condtion, as he was original owner, and it only has 50K miles on it and was his pride and joy, so ive been taking care of her and driving her around........now i know all that was random and off topic and very personal so sorry if ive shared too much info....

i recently got back into my 911, awaiting my new head & tail lights.....was under the car today looking around, and under there you see shiny new headers, and exhaust....now i know shiny dont mean much, but i am very very picky and i also tend to want more and more........so i figured maybe i would buy the catbypass x-pipe, and give myself a little project, as my son is due any day and ill be off work for 6 weeks....

my concern/worry.....what do you guys think about me adding them? do you think its going to effect my current sound drastically? i am torn here.....any feedback would be appreciated. anyone have the entire system i listed?

thanks guys
Old 08-06-2016, 12:51 AM
white out
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

do it.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:51 AM
JVannozzi
Advanced

Originally Posted by white out
do it.
Short and simple lol. I like it
Old 08-06-2016, 10:05 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 124 Posts

If you are that far down the road you don't really have a choice. :P.

I recently had this setup and it sounded bad@ss. I loved the Supercup exhaust. I've since gone back to cat bypass to save weight but the x-pipe is definitely an upgrade I would recommended. It's probably one of the few places you can actually pick up a few extra HP. Ive heard you can lose a little low end torque with it but it wasn't anything I could feel.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:49 AM
JVannozzi
Advanced

Originally Posted by Slakker
If you are that far down the road you don't really have a choice. :P.

I recently had this setup and it sounded bad@ss. I loved the Supercup exhaust. I've since gone back to cat bypass to save weight but the x-pipe is definitely an upgrade I would recommended. It's probably one of the few places you can actually pick up a few extra HP. Ive heard you can lose a little low end torque with it but it wasn't anything I could feel.
you're pretty much spot on, i really dont have a choice lol...

i read the same thing about the torque...

i think once i get that and put on, it should be even more nasty than it currently is....

fabspeed spells the O2 sensor spacers......i will probably order them also...since under there, might as well just do it to avoid CEL, i know CEL isnt def. gonna happen, but for $125 ill just do it
Old 08-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

I have the spacers on my DD xpipe and they work really well. I popped a CEL at the track last time but it was gone the next day.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:23 AM
JVannozzi
Advanced

I have the spacers on my DD xpipe and they work really well. I popped a CEL at the track last time but it was gone the next day.
good info....as for me...im just a cruise driver. no track nothing crazy. just joy ride, wash, make flawless, repeat.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JVannozzi
good info....as for me...im just a cruise driver. no track nothing crazy. just joy ride, wash, make flawless, repeat.
Don't forget entertaining your neighbors with the exhaust note.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:47 AM
02Z06
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a similar setup. Headers, catless X and mufflers all from speetech. Be ready for LOUD.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:58 AM
JVannozzi
Advanced

Don't forget entertaining your neighbors with the exhaust note.
luckily my immediate neighbors love me lol....but the part that sucks is i really cant take her out too early or too late....i dont wanna be that guy.....although mr mustang one street over doesnt give a crap what time he revvs his engine
Old 08-06-2016, 11:59 AM
JVannozzi
Advanced

Originally Posted by 02Z06
I have a similar setup. Headers, catless X and mufflers all from speetech. Be ready for LOUD.
good.....im just waiting for monday to call and talk to my guy direct
Old 08-06-2016, 12:08 PM
02Z06
Racer

Sitting in the driveway, I gave it a quick rev to about 3500. My 5yr old daughter jumped off her swing-set and ran for the house. It's to loud for my taste.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:15 PM
JVannozzi
Advanced

Originally Posted by 02Z06
Sitting in the driveway, I gave it a quick rev to about 3500. My 5yr old daughter jumped off her swing-set and ran for the house. It's to loud for my taste.
damn!! did u keep though?
Old 08-06-2016, 12:58 PM
02Z06
Racer

I haven't taken it off yet. My 16yr old son loves it. I have 4 other fun cars, all with full exhaust work. None of them come close to the loudness of the 911. Buy with your eyes open. If it was quiet under normal around town driving I'd be fine with it, it is loud all the time.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:01 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had super cups on my "96 993 C4S, and loved them. Loud, but manageable. How do the 996 super cups sound in comparison (if anyone knows)? With just super cups, stock cats and stock headers, is the sound manageable or obnoxiously loud all the time? I've ordered Fisters, but am starting to wonder if I should have gone super cups. I guess if I don't think the Fisters are enough, I can sell them easy enough.

Quick Reply: opinions/thoughts/feedback on Fabspeed catbypass Xpipe