Sponsored by:

just be very polite to officers

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 01:27 PM
peterC4C
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just be very polite to officers

Got a ticket for going a little too fast on a side street, officer that pulled me over was so pissed when she pulled me over she cuffed me and put me in the backseat of her police car while she checked my drivers license. Throughout the time, I was simply being polite and nice about the big ticket I was about to get. When she finally gave me the ticket. She made a comment that if I contest the ticket, chances are, she will not show up.

As I am standing in court to contest the ticket, the ticket magically disappeared, there is no records of this ticket anywhere to be found. The only explanation is that the officer did'nt turn in this ticket.

It does pay to just be nice to the officers.

Peter
Old 10-21-2003, 01:37 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Is this one of those "Believe it or Not" stories? Unbelievable! Were you cuffed in front or behind you?

PS: I hope you didn't stare at her like you stare at us!
Old 10-21-2003, 01:39 PM
tv
Drifting

Received 256 Likes on 128 Posts

Unless there is something missing here Everyday speeding is not an arrestable offense. You ever heard of illegal search and seizure. You were seized. Instead of being happy you should be standing up for your rights. Sheep.
Tom

1985 928s2
Old 10-21-2003, 01:52 PM
peterC4C
Instructor

Don: I was cuffed behind me.
TV: It was'nt an ordinary speeding ticket. I was going more then a little over the speed limit. She probably could of written a ticket for wreckless driving if she wanted to.. If I would've been an a**hole, she probably would of wrote that instead of just unsafe speeds.

Peter
Old 10-21-2003, 02:20 PM
ruey220
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're right be nice to the cop...i was pulled after passing the cop at 95mph in a 65mph and just by being courteous to the cop and apologizing he let me go and just gave me a kind lecture.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:43 PM
BostonMarkC
Racer

You are correct. I've been pulled over about 5 times (never in the red C4S unbelievably) and the only time I got a ticket was when I was a total a$$hole to the cop.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 230 Likes on 140 Posts

I'd rather be a sheep that gets no tickets than a wolf that does.

Originally posted by tv
Unless there is something missing here Everyday speeding is not an arrestable offense. You ever heard of illegal search and seizure. You were seized. Instead of being happy you should be standing up for your rights. Sheep.
Tom

1985 928s2
Old 10-21-2003, 03:21 PM
silver996
Instructor

hmmm, and thought only attractive women got away with that. in my experience, they always give you the ticket. and yes, i have been courteous and apologetic each time. i've found out that it pays to contest the tickets though...
Old 10-21-2003, 03:21 PM
JakeMate
Racer

Default Re: just be very polite to officers

Originally posted by peterC4C
As I am standing in court to contest the ticket, the ticket magically disappeared, there is no records of this ticket anywhere to be found. The only explanation is that the officer did'nt turn in this ticket.

It does pay to just be nice to the officers.

Peter
Glad to hear Peter...but weird.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:22 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Be really nice but ALWAYS find a way to convey the fact that the ticket WILL be contested. I always ask to see the speedometer calibration certificate and/or the radar/lidar/tuning forks certificates and documents the officer MUST keep about speed measuring equipment checks.

But be aware, my kind of public roadway speeding could NEVER be declared wreckless.

Oh, if it's a speed trap wherein many tickets are written in a short time then the officer WILL show up in court and you'll need to prove your case or disprove his/hers.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:33 PM
peterC4C
Instructor

Jake:

I thought it was wierd too. But traffic division can't find my ticket in their system, they even sent me to Criminal division to see if the ticket was accidently entered into their system.
I even called the county traffic automated system and can't find my ticket there either.

So I am pretty sure the ticket is gone.

Peter
Old 10-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Keyvan
Racer

The last time I got pulled over the cop was more interested in the interior of my car than my speeding...You see all that money I spent on the Carbon Fiber Center Console has already paid off.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:35 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Talk about being nice... I was late for a flight out of Bradley Field in Hartford years ago. It was in the AM and I, well, sort of, sped thru a school zone. The lights were blinking but no one was in sight. Got pulled over by a local. Well, I never thought twice 'cause it was important that I catch the flight. After I stopped I jumped out of the car and started walking toward the car to explain my plight.

The officer opened his door and told me to stop. I kept on walking trying to explain my problem, and drew on me!!!! I stopped dead in my tracks and explained my plight. He came over, told me it was ok to put my hands down and stop shaking. After checking license, registration, etc. he let me go with 2 warnings....one for the speeding and the other on how to behave when stopped by a law enforcement officer. "Pull over, put blinkers on, sit still and put both hands in view on the steering wheel."

I probably led a sheltered life, but I've never had anyone point a loaded firearm at me.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:32 PM
rumster
Advanced

I haven't gotten pulled over in the Carrera yet, thankfully. Whenever I get pulled over I tell the officer that I am due in surgery. One time I actually paged myself--the pager was beeping and I looked very concerned--the officer told me to be on my way and take it easy.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:37 PM
peterC4C
Instructor

Rumster: One of the perks of being a doctor huh.... That's a great story.

Peter

Quick Reply: just be very polite to officers