Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

From Becker to Blaupunkt - The Hills are alive...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016 | 02:14 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

I completely agree with you. They could easily design the unit to support changing the LED lights to match the car's OEM interior light color, but the Blaupunkt LEDs don't bother me much since they're white in color. If it were some radical pink color or purplish blue, that would be a different story. ha! Personally, I like a nice clean look over some of these aftermarket companies that sell to the hip hop outlandish crowd.

I haven't used the phone yet, but conversation with the Barcelona was fine even over the Porsche loud engine. Of course, I'd turn off the sports exhaust when someone would call, but they'd say they could hear me fine. Their voices come over the system clearly.
Old 06-29-2016 | 02:40 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

I agree about the look of it and I love the USB functionality. I have a cheap Pioneer unit in my VW that works great but it looks like the circus has come to town.
Old 06-29-2016 | 02:48 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by b3freak
You can put it in your 1980s boom box with the CD adapter AND look retro! (Don't forget your parachute pants, Lacoste polo, and Reebok hightops.)
Queue Peter Gabriel "In You Eyes"
Old 06-29-2016 | 02:53 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

I was thinkin' more like "Prep Rap" by Russ Mason

hahahahaha!!!!
Old 06-30-2016 | 10:49 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by wyovino
I would like to see an option for an external mic. How is the call quality with the internal mic?
Hey Bill,

I took a one hour ride in the 996 last night and my children called me. I was driving at around 60 mph when the call came in. Good news is that I could carry on a nice conversation with the sound of the car's motor and exhaust noises. They could hear me clearly. In fact, it sounded better than the Barcelona. I was listening to Spodify at the time, the unit muted the music, I took the call, and it automatically returned back to the music without having to touch anything on my phone. Nice!!!

All the best!

Quick Reply: From Becker to Blaupunkt - The Hills are alive...