Sponsored by:

The search

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 07:55 PM
jh1165
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The search

Hi everyone- I recently started my search for a 996. I have always dreamed of owning a 911, and I really got the bug about 2 months ago when I realized what a great car the 996 is and how it is so undervalued. IMS, RMS, ugly headlights...I've read about it all and refuse to be swayed by the haters.

This will be my daily driver and that's exactly what I want. I have a modest amount of mechanical skills and plan to do as much on my own as possible- and to learn in the process.

Can anyone recommend a good indy shop in southeast Louisiana/ metro New Orleans? I'm not banking on finding THE car so close to home, but if I do I'll need a good shop to perform the PPI. There is a Porsche dealership in the city; however, I was essentially laughed out of there and treated like a third-rate citizen when I dropped by recently to ask the sales team if they ever get used 996s on the lot ("is there a particular reason you are looking for THAT car?!" is what I was greeted with :/). Needless to say, they left a bad taste in my mouth.

Any recommendations or advice would be most appreciated. I've learned an incredible amount about these incredible cars from reading these forums, so thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge and passion.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:32 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Houston is close open your search to include that area. Lots of good shops in Houston. Mine came from victory motorcars.

Screw the haters we are all fing nuts here, but love our boxsters.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:15 AM
mharrison
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've heard good things about NOLA Sport, but I have no personal experience with them. You should hook up with the PCA Chapter in your region. They would probably be a good source of information.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:46 AM
jh1165
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll definitely check out NOLA Sport. And Atrox, I've been looking online at cars in Houston as well, so it's nice to know about Victory. Thanks again.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:52 PM
Montychristo128
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ugly headlights you say. Not anymore:

Quick Reply: The search