Sponsored by:

squeak from antenna (?) in centre of dash

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 04:37 PM
snowfarmer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeak from antenna (?) in centre of dash

There's a little thing that looks like an antenna at the centre of my dash where it meets the windshield. I'm getting a squeak from it. When I put a finger on it and put some pressure on it the squeak goes away. I don't think this squeak is the infamous windshield/dash squeak.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix for it?

Well....at least a fix better than driving around with one hand permanently on the squeaky part of the dash.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:39 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by snowfarmer
There's a little thing that looks like an antenna at the centre of my dash where it meets the windshield. I'm getting a squeak from it. When I put a finger on it and put some pressure on it the squeak goes away. I don't think this squeak is the infamous windshield/dash squeak.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix for it?

Well....at least a fix better than driving around with one hand permanently on the squeaky part of the dash.
Mine started doing that about a week ago. But before I could hit it with a dab of silicone it went away.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:52 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 171 Posts

Old 05-13-2016, 06:44 PM
snowfarmer
Intermediate

It's Major League Baseball tracking me, isn't it?!?!
Old 05-13-2016, 06:58 PM
snowfarmer
Intermediate

Good idea, I'll intend to hit it with some silicone spray and see if that fixes it. If the intent to do so doesn't fix it, then I'll actually spray silicone on it and see if that works.

Originally Posted by Slakker
Mine started doing that about a week ago. But before I could hit it with a dab of silicone it went away.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:19 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Give it fair warning before you spray it. Tell it first what your intentions are. Then wait about half an hour and take it for another run. If the squeak is still there, spray the bejesus out of it. Then shout "I friggin told you so".
Old 05-14-2016, 08:35 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 113 Posts

I was going to use just a drop of silicone caulking. Not sure about using spray.

And don't laugh, tin foil works. One day you'll see, and then you'll know!
Old 05-15-2016, 09:13 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Slakker
I was going to use just a drop of silicone caulking. Not sure about using spray.

And don't laugh, tin foil works. One day you'll see, and then you'll know!
Hey whatever floats the boat. I keep screaming how good WD40 is (but not in your case) and I get loads of stick from posters about it. I use my head first and a product secondly. We won't find out until we at least try things. For instance. Just this morning our Kuerig coffee machine went on the blink. We were considering buying the latest model as we have had this one for at least 5years. My wife was on Amazon selecting a newer model. I was using my head in the kitchen. No WD40 was used. I used my head on how it worked and solved it within the hour. Made two nice cups of coffee for me and my 'bread knife'. Cockney slang for wife). I am now her Knight in shining Armour. No sleeping on the couch for MEEEEE tonight.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:56 AM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

its a cover for the gps antenna. it snaps in the dash and it has felt strip against the windshield. if you take it out maybe put more felt or rubber so it will press harder against the windshield, or just mash it so it clips in better. i wouldnt put any thing else on it

Quick Reply: squeak from antenna (?) in centre of dash