Sponsored by:

New Bilstein B8's with H&R Lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
^That's great^ Too bad every time I've ever gone to your site to look for a part or get a price on something, I wind up leaving in frustration... Easily one of the worst user interfaces I've ever seen or tried to use. I appreciate the fact that you're kind enough to post the prices now, when they clearly do me no good.
I apologize for your frustration on site, there is a few things I don't like about it either that I wish my web guys would fix. What parts of it you don't like?
Shoot me an email next time you're looking for something and we can do it that way.

-Jason
Old 04-08-2016, 12:23 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
I apologize for your frustration on site, there is a few things I don't like about it either that I wish my web guys would fix. What parts of it you don't like?
Shoot me an email next time you're looking for something and we can do it that way.

-Jason
Hi Jason,
Thanks. I just ordered a window regulator from the site with two day shipping - I hope I get it quickly as my car is torn apart and laid up until I get it installed ! Great price with the Rennlist discount 👍 😃
Old 04-08-2016, 12:26 PM
mcfisticuffs
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

-Jason
I think my biggest comment is browsing. One can't browse the site, we can only search for a particular part. And if you do search, and then hit BACK, you lose your car and have to re-enter from the drop downs. Talk about painful.

Change the SEARCH functionality to a FILTER, where you show ALL parts for an applicable filter, and you're 80% there.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:26 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Hi Jason,
Thanks. I just ordered a window regulator from the site with two day shipping - I hope I get it quickly as my car is torn apart and laid up until I get it installed ! Great price with the Rennlist discount 👍 😃
THANK YOU!
I'll have a tracking # for you a little later today.

-Jason
Old 04-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mcfisticuffs
I think my biggest comment is browsing. One can't browse the site, we can only search for a particular part. And if you do search, and then hit BACK, you lose your car and have to re-enter from the drop downs. Talk about painful.

Change the SEARCH functionality to a FILTER, where you show ALL parts for an applicable filter, and you're 80% there.
What browser are using? It should save your car when you hit back, I was having problems with that last year but should be fixed. I wish there was a way to search for a part description only, but the way the catalog was written doesn't allow that. There is way to search for a part after you input some info though. So on the dropdowns, select your make, then year, then model and you can then type in a part description in the Keyword box then hit enter. Hopefully that might help.

-Jason
Attached Images  
Old 04-08-2016, 12:47 PM
mcfisticuffs
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

What browser are using? It should save your car when you hit back, I was having problems with that last year but should be fixed. I wish there was a way to search for a part description only, but the way the catalog was written doesn't allow that. There is way to search for a part after you input some info though. So on the dropdowns, select your make, then year, then model and you can then type in a part description in the Keyword box then hit enter. Hopefully that might help.

-Jason
Chrome.

When I hit back, it saves "Porsche" but nothing else - but non of the drop downs are populated, so I have to re-select Porsche before starting over.

I'd rather not have to search, and just be shown all "Suspension" and then filter to "Sway bars".
Old 04-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mcfisticuffs
Chrome.

When I hit back, it saves "Porsche" but nothing else - but non of the drop downs are populated, so I have to re-select Porsche before starting over.

I'd rather not have to search, and just be shown all "Suspension" and then filter to "Sway bars".
That's weird I just tested it with Chrome and when I click back it saved everything. Are you on a PC or Apple?

-Jason
Old 04-11-2016, 09:05 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

THANK YOU!
I'll have a tracking # for you a little later today.

-Jason
Hmmm...sorry just got your PM. I did get a new computer on Friday, but I'm receiving emails as normal...
Old 04-12-2016, 02:38 PM
JMLavoie
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I suspect my front top mounts are shot as well.
When you buy front Bilstein B8s, do you get front top mounts with them or do you have to buy these mounts separately?
If bought separately, how much are those?
Thanks folks!
Martin
Old 04-12-2016, 04:58 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

"When you buy front Bilstein B8s, do you get front top mounts with them or do you have to buy these mounts separately?
If bought separately, how much are those?"

No, you don't get them "with the struts"... You have to buy separately. The stock rubber insert Porsche mounts are around $300+/- ea. for a total of $600+/- a few dollars. The Tarrett camber plates I got were $520 shipped. ** I also looked at Elephant Racing Camber plates that were $550 + shipping, but earlier today I found that they also make rubber type top-mounts similar to the stock Porsche mounts but using a firmer rubber for $230/pair... Had I known at the time, I may have gone with them to save a few bucks... That being said, I'm very happy with the feel/performance of the Tarrett plates, and they were still less expensive than stock. Good nLuck
Old 04-13-2016, 11:03 AM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 245 Posts

Replace as many items as you can possibly afford, it took me months to get everything that is a wearable item.

See below:
The following users liked this post:
imhighlander (06-16-2023)
Old 04-13-2016, 06:06 PM
JMLavoie
Racer

Thanks very much dporto and NYOutftr. This helps a great deal.

My shocks are not in bad shape as far as I can sense (no idea when PO last replaced though), but since I have to replace the shockmounts, I may as well go for new shocks as well.
Merci beaucoup!
Old 04-13-2016, 06:19 PM
JMLavoie
Racer

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
Replace as many items as you can possibly afford, it took me months to get everything that is a wearable item.

See below:
Further to my last, NYoutftr, if you don't mind, what type of shockmount did you get? Same as dporto's or stock?
Old 04-13-2016, 06:46 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JMLavoie
Thanks very much dporto and NYOutftr. This helps a great deal.

My shocks are not in bad shape as far as I can sense (no idea when PO last replaced though), but since I have to replace the shockmounts, I may as well go for new shocks as well.
Merci beaucoup!
It's funny you say ^this^, as I thought my shocks/struts were fine as well - the car still handled better than anything else I had driven, just a little squeaky/noisy... I was wrong! The difference in the overall feel is night and day - granted, I did go with the sport struts/shocks/springs, but I also realized the originals/stock setup was way past due for replacement!
Old 04-13-2016, 06:53 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

It's funny you say ^this^, as I thought my shocks/struts were fine as well - the car still handled better than anything else I had driven, just a little squeaky/noisy... I was wrong! The difference in the overall feel is night and day - granted, I did go with the sport struts/shocks/springs, but I also realized the originals/stock setup was way past due for replacement!
Yeah most people don't realize their suspension is worn out till they replace it, definitely a good maintenance item on our cars.

-Jason

Quick Reply: New Bilstein B8's with H&R Lowering springs