Sponsored by:

Help needed! looking for aerokit spoiler wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 05:41 PM
raymondy
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed! looking for aerokit spoiler wiring harness

I am looking for the wiring harness for the aerokit rear spoiler (996 612 070 51). I called around and nobody has it in stock and it's a 3 weeks wait to order from Germany. My car is in the bodyshop now and they already put on the spoiler and found out I don't have the harness. I can't drive the car now since the engine fan isn't functioning without the harness and I don't want to cut my original harness. Does anyone know any dealer has this part in stock? Or if anyone has a spare one for sale? Any help is appreciated.

Raymond
Old 09-25-2003, 11:22 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your dealer may have already tried this. Your dealer can via their parts computer check to see if another dealer has it on the shelf. If so, then your dealer will buy it from the other dealer and then sell it to you.

But if it is not a common part you are going to be out of luck. Jeff
Old 09-26-2003, 10:41 AM
Dranon
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Which harness do you need?

For the carrera aerokit or the taco folded one? have an extra for the Carrera one. Curious as to why yours did not come with it, they usually do!
Old 09-26-2003, 10:51 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All Carerras meant to have a non-electric adjutable rear spoiler would use the same harness. I had to get this harness when I installed my Cabriolet rear wing. There are alternatives, however. he idea behind the replacement harness is that it tells the ECU that the wing is in the raised position and avoids the warning light at acceleration or deceleration. I have seen one or two harnesses modified by my local dealer that did this very thing without changing out the harness. I agree that it is a simple swap-over but if you can't get one for some reason (try my local dealer, Pfaff Porsche in Toronto. 905-851-0852 and ask for Brad in Parts, not service. I'm sure the'yd ship it to you), you may want to consider this modification. If that's the route you want to take, we can figure out how (it's not that hard to figure out).
Old 09-26-2003, 12:44 PM
raymondy
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dranon,

Yes, I am looking for the Carrera aerokit spoiler wiring harness. I bought the spoiler from EBAY and it didn't come with the harness. If you have a spare one, is it available for sale? Please call me at 604-720-2312 to talk about it cuz I really need one now. Thanks

Alon,

I tried calling Pfaff Porsche yesterday but they don't have it in stock. I will try to call them today about the modified harness. Thanks for the info

Raymond

Quick Reply: Help needed! looking for aerokit spoiler wiring harness