996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

The Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Totally agree. Prefer 3rd gear roads with some 2nd gear corners here and there. Tail is the opposite with our gearing. Spent most my time on perimeter roads that were fantastic and didn't trigger motion sickness the way the tail did. This trip was about driving the dragons tail for first time. Next trip will definitely explore more areas. Having a few more cars and friends along would only make it better.

I smoked my rear tires completely by the time I hit Miami. Learned a valuable lesson about tire management on a long drive. The car was hydro planing severely. If I were to spend a week I would've needed an additional set of rears to make it home safely and without drama. I have Yokohama ADO8R which performed well on the smooth wet mountain roads. But i75 was hell with depleted tread. Transitions from asphalt to concrete were nerve wracking. I had to get off the highway in those areas and find alternate roads. Lesson learned.

If anyone is interested in making the trek to this area please post dates. I've had few members reach out to me for when I visit again. I know it may not be easy to schedule but worth a shot.

Was an epic trip.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:25 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Photos...

Third picture showing extreme camber changes between corners.
Attached Images     
Old 11-18-2015, 06:20 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 82 Posts

Nice pictures and video Hardback, thanks for sharing.