996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

C4S rear change up

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 05:44 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 128 Likes on 113 Posts

It's different, power to you for trying it out!

IMO im on the 4S needs to be centred bandwagon! Those C4S reflectors are reallllly expensive new!
Old 04-24-2016, 02:21 PM
jyoteen
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Not my cup of tea personally, but that doesn't matter does it? :-)

I got the C4s because of the tie in to the old air cooled via the strip. I feel that this singular element is the only thing that really references the aircooleds but also only exists on the new watercooled. Otherwise Porsche would not have added the strip back in and call it out in their literature/posters with the 991 C4s.

I do wish the LED lamps were less clunky looking and more refined with the LED execution (and the patterns). The manufacturer didn't want to spend the $$$ required to have a one off for C4s or the turbo.

The split of the dark and red on the OE lamps is there to extend the horizontal feel and thus giving it a wider illusion with an actual minimal width of the body change.

It would be interesting to see if someone deleted the TOP signalling portion of the tail lamp and just had the super wide horizontal strip by itself. That would work well on the black car because it's easy to hide.

Quick Reply: C4S rear change up