996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

damn got my car keyed

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 10:50 AM
crashclint
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened to my boxster, I parked it toward the back of the lot with no other cars around and when I got back to the car there was a couple scratches. My wife asked me if I think it could of happened somewhere else and I just noticed it? Since I had just washed and waxed the car that morning, I really think I would have noticed the scratches.

Crap like that pisses me off real quick.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:57 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 911661
Can never keep anything nice....
Yeah people suck and sorry about your situation.

At least from the pics, that looks like it could be polished out. Run your fingernails across it and see if it gets stuck. If not, it could most likely get polished out.

My neighbor's car got keyed like that but in his whole side of the car in many places. Luckily I was able to polish 98% of it out and he was ecstatic.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There is a special place in Hell for dicks like that.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:11 AM
williamr91
Pro

Lots of this **** happens in Michigan (err. Metro Detroit area) we get these UAW guys in their lifted domestic trucks or there domestic cars with UAS stickers everywhere, they will roll the window down, yell nasty things, throw stuff, etc.

My favorite is the ones in non-American built "American Cars/trucks" that do this stuff.

It's only happened 1 or 2 times to me, but I've seen it so many times. "Thanks for taking my job *******" or "buy American stupid F*ck" stuff like that. Or just them driving aggressively, cutting off, brake checking, etc (now that type of stuff has happened to me).

I'm just glad Michigan is slowing accepting Right to work and union busting...its been a couple of years and things are getting better since they've lost quite a bit of power.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Seeeu911
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 16 Posts

Coffee in hand, relaxing early morning in my Pj's, standing at the window looking at the P car in the driveway.. I watch dumbstruck as a teenage miscreant walking out of my driveway drops a wire he had used to scratch the length of rear quarter of my car.. Still in my Pj's I dragged him back from the bus stop by the back of his neck.

The neighbors called the police as I was dragging him back and when they got there and I explained, five 0 were very very surprised I had not beat him to a pulp. They did make me take my hands from around his neck however. His mom offered to pay, single mom obviously over her head but I just let it go. Its just a Porsche.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:21 AM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by wyovino
I've had my door kicked in by someone who feels it necessary to ruin things belonging to other people. I always park on the far end of the parking lot and never take up more than one spot. People love to ding your door or otherwise damage your car. I'm on a first name basis with my body shop. A sad reality.
With my previous car I joked that I needed a clear bra on the upper half of the side panels. SUV doors. That way paintless dent removal would do it. And I probably would have stopped bothering putting the inside trim back on at some point.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Petersa9
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear this, people in the Midwest are angry people.

Check out this video by Ammo NYC. It shows a very complex way to repair it without re spraying the whole panel. There will be some noticeable residual. Or just hire a pro. Good Luck!

Old 10-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Triple Black
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

That really sucks. I know how you feel - had my Boxster keyed all the way around the car, a full 360 degrees, as few years ago. Sh*t happens sometimes. I am very particular about where I will park now.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:38 AM
jdjones2010
Pro

Originally Posted by Triple Black
That really sucks. I know how you feel - had my Boxster keyed all the way around the car, a full 360 degrees, as few years ago. Sh*t happens sometimes. I am very particular about where I will park now.
I'm Sorry but it Doesn't Matter WHERE you Park, if somebody Wants to key Your Car they're going to do it. You just saw where one of the guys on here said his car was in his DRIVEWAY & some idiot kid apparently keyed it on the way to his bus stop! As far as the OP, man i hate to hear this!
Old 10-05-2015, 01:35 AM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

My current car was keyed all the way around when the PO had it. Required a repaint of everything but the roof and wing.
The other car I almost bought had also been keyed so badly it required an entire repaint. Both were in NYC. Neither owner seemed shocked that it happened. The 951 (that my son drives) also got keyed here in KC. I figure he pissed off some girl.

Last edited by FRUNKenstein; 10-05-2015 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:16 AM
zachsdad1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry that happened to you. I know how you feel. Some ******* egged my car earlier in the year. Damaged every panel. Very upsetting.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you guys for all the support and tips! My car is original paint and it was a real bummer to find this. A car is only original once so a repaint isn't an option.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Chiamac
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911661
A car is only original once so a repaint isn't an option.

Is there some special unicorn semen that only Porsche has that's in the paint they use on these?

I wouldn't think, barring something special they do, that a respray with the original color would really hurt the value.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiamac
Is there some special unicorn semen that only Porsche has that's in the paint they use on these?

I wouldn't think, barring something special they do, that a respray with the original color would really hurt the value.
It would be cheaper and better for me to try and make the scratches dissapear as much as possible
Old 10-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Chicago Pete
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Petersa9
Sorry to hear this, people in the Midwest are angry people.

Check out this video by Ammo NYC. It shows a very complex way to repair it without re spraying the whole panel. There will be some noticeable residual. Or just hire a pro. Good Luck!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S2aC_oseMe4
The end result didn't look all that good to me.

Quick Reply: damn got my car keyed