Sponsored by:

P-car Sickness

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 06:26 PM
falvidre
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-car Sickness

So, I just finished cleaning the old girl (2003C4S w/ 170K miles). Once again, my Saturday gift to myself is to take her over to the 25-cent car wash (which is $2 now) and do the whole thing, along with leather, plastic, tires, etc. Not a problem, "she who must be obeyed" gets to sleep in and I get to sneak out with my new/old mistress. On Monday, I will drive her to San Diego for company business. My company will pay me to take an airplane down to San Diego, or I can get a company paid rental car, but I have the "P-car sickness" and can't wait to drive down to San Diego because I want to bomb around SD with her. I think this is a Ashley Madison thing.

I know it is the sickness because every time my wife says we need anything, it's me & the dog in the P-car to do the most minor errand. I can see why guys go on these cup things or take their cars to Europe to bomb around. I am afraid to ask if others have the same sickness. I know there are people that buy these cars and keep them in the garage. In fact I have a neighbor who had a silver 2003 C4S just like mine and he wanted to keep the miles down. He had a Toyota as a main car. I would go mad if somebody said I couldn't drive her now (yet I had her in the garage for 1.5 years) I think it's just damn fun to drive the thing. I guess I really got it bad. Maybe I should get more counseling or just sign up to be an Uber person. Imagine, people would pay me to drive my P-car around. Yeah, I think this is definitely P-car sickness.

- Fast Frank
Attached Images  
Old 08-22-2015, 06:31 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Default P-car Sickness

If that's a sickness, sign me up. I hope to be in your shoes in about 2023 in terms of miles, years in my 911, and # of smiles. You're doing it right. Give your puppy a pat on the head for me...T
Old 08-22-2015, 08:03 PM
Triple Black
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

That same sickness is going around my neighbourhood too.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:03 PM
jetson8859
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 98 Posts

As Ferdinand Porsche said...they are meant to be driven! Bought my 99 in January with 74k miles and she has 84+ as of this morning. Have driven her to Charleston, Tampa and a few other shorter weekend jaunts. I solved the daily P-car itch by sharing the weekly commute with the 928.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:26 AM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

We have some great back roads here in San Diego
How long will you be in town? If you will be around the I-15 in N county, PM me and Ill show you a great road or 2 for fun

The SD PCA club has a back road tour coming up on Aug 30, if your still around, you don't want to miss it. Probably will be 100+ P-cars
Old 08-23-2015, 10:50 AM
jhynesrockmtn
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Well done. My new to me C4S will be a driver, maybe not every day but a driver. I DD'd an 82 SC for several years and a Boxster S prior to that. All mechanical things are meant to be exercised. When my C4S was in the shop, the tech told me they have most of their issues with garage queens. He recently had an early 2000's Boxster in that had less than 30k on the odometer. The owner was worried about a noise. He went to start it in the parking lot and the engine imploded. The poor guy had the car towed home. I should have gotten the guys name. I'd love to have a project like that at some point.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:00 PM
salesguy01
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by salesguy01; 09-16-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Quick Reply: P-car Sickness