Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Black interior - too hot for Texas summers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 02:46 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

No matter how good the A/C is it can NEVER cool that black (dark) seat surface that's the "interface" between your body seat surfaces.

Last time I was in Phoenix I met a guy with a black LS with an ivory interior and he said that even so had to tint the windows (they were quite dark) to be comfortable in the car. Black exterior likely didn't help either.

The A/C in an LS can freeze your tail off quickly.

And by the way it does seem to help immensely if you can leave the sunroof tilted up slightly when the car is left setting in the hot sun.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:05 AM
fluid15
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

If you like black interiors go for it. My previous 2 cars had black leather and I was looking for a triple black cab 993 but the perfect one I found had Classic Gray leather. I'm now happy with my choice because I like the contrast of the gray with the black dash pieces, and also because it was new for me. It does seem a little "less hot", but not enough to be a deciding factor. I mean hey - I live in AZ and hot is hot. I would use cotton seat covers in the summer and it was no problem. I've done it for more than one car so if you like the look, buy what you're looking for.

Quick Reply: Black interior - too hot for Texas summers?