Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Looking for a part for my targa sun-blind (shade)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 11:56 PM
kgoertz
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for a part for my targa sun-blind (shade)

Hello all. I'm finally trying to get around to fixing my sun-blind on my 2002 Targa.

I have removed the sun blind only to find the plastic part that pulls the blind along the rails has broken. I've searched for the part on the Porsche parts diagram and also asked my Indy to help. But it doesn't look like Porsche sells the clip by itself and I'd prefer not to purchase the full blind (which costs $4-500)
The part number of the entire blind is 99756240500.

The plastic part I'm looking for is in the last picture below. The plastic part just pulls out of the steel 'bow. I've tried to glue it but it didn't hold.

I'm contemplating finding a way to make the part myself (partially since it would be fun) but if anyone has a spare part or knows where to get one please let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading.
Kevin
Attached Images    
Old 08-10-2015, 01:53 AM
Angelos
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about this solution: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/99756240500.html
Does it include the part you are looking for?
Old 08-11-2015, 03:31 PM
kgoertz
Pro

Thanks. That does include the part. I was aware of that option but it is similar to just replacing the blind with the original part.
I wouldn't mind a thicker blind but it really isn't worth that much to me since I only use it when parked to keep the car from heating in the sun.

$400-$500 seems a little silly for a tiny piece of plastic
Old 08-11-2015, 05:19 PM
ion_berkley
Instructor

I had to go look at my own Targa to visualize how that worked! Still can't quite get how the attachment to the steel bow is done.
Looks hard to make something so small that will be strong enough in an amount of time that will be lass than $400 of your life....(Which is annoying I'd agree)
FWIW The whole roof assembly is made by Magna Car Top Systems GmbH but how you would approach them for a one off spare part I've no clue.

Quick Reply: Looking for a part for my targa sun-blind (shade)