Sponsored by:

Should I Take a gamble.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 06:53 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMiller
This hooker has her current HIV+ test with her, I'm good right? Thanks, doing her.
go bareback and greek.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:07 PM
cerex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMiller
This hooker has her current HIV+ test with her, I'm good right? Thanks, doing her.
That is sooooo god damn funny!!!
Old 07-30-2015, 04:28 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
I get the feeling anyone bottom feeding here are looking for something that vaguely resembles brakes and if the car stops...at all, they are pretty happy.

I would hope that the 996 hasn't gotten to that point, but who knows.
From the tone of your comments we can see that you are a superior being who buys all service, repair parts, tires, windshield wiper blades, oil and antifreeze from Porsche dealers.
We bottom feeders are honored to have bits of your infinite wisdom cast down to us.
One can only assume that if "Rennlist" were named "Porschelist" you would also spend $36 per year to join instead of the "$0" you spend now?
Old 07-30-2015, 04:53 PM
cerex
Racer

Originally Posted by fpb111
From the tone of your comments we can see that you are a superior being who buys all service, repair parts, tires, windshield wiper blades, oil and antifreeze from Porsche dealers.
We bottom feeders are honored to have bits of your infinite wisdom cast down to us.
One can only assume that if "Rennlist" were named "Porschelist" you would also spend $36 per year to join instead of the "$0" you spend now?

Don't know about what history you two have cause this sounds like it is more than an OEM Porsche parts discussion. But the heading of the thread is

SHOULD I TAKE A GAMBLE

Really on Brakes and Rotors? Go ahead and gamble on your service, repair parts, windshield wipers blades, oil? and antifreeze. But do you really want the guy on track next to you OR the next Red Light behind you who gambled on his Brakes? I don't.

Think we are loosing sight of the discussion & not sure how Braking and Gamble on it are valid in the same sentence.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:02 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...Because an analogy to a Rennlist subscription is clearly the same as a $122 brake kit. But hey, they'll go nice when he crome wraps his 996, that's cash worth spend'in!
Old 07-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

Frank, I'm not sure your reading comprehension was purchased at the Porsche dealer, because its sorely lacking.

Now then, to repeat what i've said previously, I absolutely agree with purchasing OE quality items directly from companies such as Bosch, Mahle, etc. If I buy anything directly from porsche, its through discounted online resellers like sonnen or sunset.

There are plenty of companies that produce parts for our cars that are simply not to the quality level of the OE parts. I tend to generally agree with the principle that you get what you pay for. In this case, he's getting pads (which typically go for about $95 in the aftermarket arena), two rotors (typically go for about $150 at least each), and sensors for $120 SHIPPED (shipping for rotors is usually at least $25). Assuming these individuals like to see any profit whatsoever, that means that the parts cost less than $100. I simply don't see how its possible to purchase quality parts at this price point.

Finally, we are talking about BRAKES. Not window switches...not interior trim, not light bulbs. Maybe its just me, but thats one of the areas where I'd prefer to go with a proven part.

If you're still offended, then I guess you and I wouldn't get along.

Oh, and I forgot the membership dig. Heres my view on that:

This forum is merely a vessel. The value is the people who visit it and provide the content. Internet brands receives plenty of revenue from advertisers. If IB shut down rennlist tomorrow, we would all migrate to 6 speed, or pelican or xyz forum and the value remains. Therefore I don't see the point in paying IB for value provided by others. Also I don't currently have a use for the offtopic forum or the classifieds.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:16 PM
cerex
Racer

Originally Posted by EMBPilot
...Because an analogy to a Rennlist subscription is clearly the same as a $122 brake kit. But hey, they'll go nice when he crome wraps his 996, that's cash worth spend'in!
Let me get this right $122 for brakes and rotors, but what at least $1500 for Chrome wrapping.

Didn't realize it was the same Porsche enthusiast. This is an interesting thready, didn't even know so many wonderful options were available.
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...48-advice.html

Yeah we should all continue this argument.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:06 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 71 Posts

My reading comprehension is fine Quadcammer. Many posters felt OP shouldn't take the chance. You were pretty much the only one that felt added personal derogatory comments on your replies were appropriate.

#10. maybe take some money out of your chrome wrap project to you know, ensure your car stops properly.

I guess this is what happens when cars get cheap.

#30 I get the feeling anyone bottom feeding here are looking for something that vaguely resembles brakes and if the car stops...at all, they are pretty happy.

#43. Quote:
Originally Posted by loveporsche911
Thanks to everyone who put their two cents in... I decided I'm going to take the gamble and order the set, I will keep everyone updated.

of course you did
Old 07-31-2015, 02:04 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

this dude lives in forked river. its all making sense now...

you should do blue chrome, it'll look great parked out in front of Caffrey's...
Old 07-31-2015, 09:08 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

My reading comprehension is fine Quadcammer. Many posters felt OP shouldn't take the chance. You were pretty much the only one that felt added personal derogatory comments on your replies were appropriate.

#10. maybe take some money out of your chrome wrap project to you know, ensure your car stops properly.

I guess this is what happens when cars get cheap.

#30 I get the feeling anyone bottom feeding here are looking for something that vaguely resembles brakes and if the car stops...at all, they are pretty happy.

#43. Quote:
Thanks to everyone who put their two cents in... I decided I'm going to take the gamble and order the set, I will keep everyone updated.

of course you did
That was, quite frankly, very tame.

Maybe you like chrome wrap? I prefer brakes that work properly.

And lets also analyze...it seems to me that when cars get cheap, you get questions like "whose *** do you prefer, a girl or a car" and "chrome wrap, blue or silver, what do you prefer", then 2 minutes later, hey guys, I want to put the cheapest brakes on my car I can find. That is just a factual statement.

Once again, perhaps you and I are not destined to get along and really, I'm ok with that.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:27 AM
cerex
Racer

I don't know about the rest of you guys and girls, but I personally Still prefer a girls *** over a Car every time!

But, that's just me. Just saying!

Suspect you guys will be BBFs soon
Old 07-31-2015, 02:37 PM
loveporsche911
Track Day

The amount of sarcasm and absolute p****s on this tread is rediculous. lol

It seems too be the last 3-4 treads I posted 95% of the comments was complete A-holes.

My point of view: I'm not rich, far from it. Im 18 (still learning) about cars, mechanical stuff, ect.. I don't have many years of experience like everyone else has with these cars and what's good and what's not good. Call me a dumbass, retard, whatever you want. But, I always wanted a Porsche 911 since many years.. So I saved up money and bought one and now I'm trying to make it the way I always dreamed of it. Chrome wrap, big wing, plasti dip the wheels. Stuff like that,,, but I want to do it on my own and not go to my parents and barrow money from them, since I'm doing it on my own im trying to do everything as cheap as possible, I found Chrome wrap on EBay for $150 that'll wrap the whole car, and me and my brother have experience with wrapping so the install is FREE. Got a great deal on a wing for $300. All I have to do is paint and install, Instead of buying Real black porsche rims I bought a can of plasti dip for $8 and put the rims black. ABOUT THE BRAKES... Yes it is a safety hazard I agree, My dad said he will be taking care of the brakes and not too worry about it, He's putting on Geniue Porsche Pads and rotors.. So I did not order the brakes off eBay... I understand I'm ruining the car in everyone's point of view. But it is what I like, Again, I'm not rich like most of the people on here to do everything the right way and buy the most expensive stuff for the their cars, if I had the money, I would... But I dont,, I'm a hard working young man with a decent pay trying to make the best of it... Try to respect that,,,,

Random pic to clear the air,

Old 07-31-2015, 02:45 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

I always wanted a 911 too but didn't want to hack it. So I bought a 944 instead. That's probably a more suitable vehicle to put $122 brakes on and chrome wrap maybe ?? Good car to learn on and parts are cheap.

Last edited by EMBPilot; 07-31-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:04 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

The amount of sarcasm and absolute p****s on this tread is rediculous.
This is what you get with RL. You just gotta learn to ignore all the old farts that want stock cars. Or maybe go to the Stance/Canibeat forums if that is the kind of direction you want to take your car in. I think you'll find more like minded individuals there. Learn about the stock stuff here and bling stuff on the other forums.

Regarding brakes, I've never seen any brakes explode or break down in any way under normal street use. Sure, they might not perform as good as other options but as far as breaking down, never seen it. You probably should be worried about the Hyundai driving behind you anyways that has the $60 rotor/pad combo.

I know some people that still refuse to drive their recalled airbag cars with the same mentality until it is fixed. Same kind of mindset I suppose...

Ignore these farts and get some azz with that Porsche. That's what I'd be doing if I was 18yo.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:25 PM
cerex
Racer

I love this kid.

Pair of *****
And a Porsche in the garage

Stop wasting time seran wrapping your car and go conquer the world!

Quick Reply: Should I Take a gamble.