Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This, this is not good!

Bad very bad
Old 07-28-2015, 06:21 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Even OEM quality meyle should be be more than this.
Unfortunately, Meyle is one of the German companies that have outsourced some of their products to China. It's annoying as hell as part of their logo still says "Meyle Germany" which can be superceded by "Made in China" stick on label, making it confusing to some. It doesn't always mean they are inferior, just cheaper to make. So based on the price, I'm assuming all the parts mentioned are China made pieces, which would fall inline with the pricing. There have been many debates about this recently on various forums. I don't know or think if there is any right or wrong. This will be different strokes for different folks kind of thing IMO.

I get the feeling anyone bottom feeding here are looking for something that vaguely resembles brakes and if the car stops...at all, they are pretty happy.

I would hope that the 996 hasn't gotten to that point, but who knows.
Some people just care about it functioning at the minimum with no other expectations. Sad but true.

Where have you been? There's people using Home Depot paint in their Porsches for christ sakes.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:34 PM
cerex
Racer

Just trying to Suggest common sense. People have a car that can hit 140 at a drop of pin. Better get brakes that can stop on a dime.

Done with this thread.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:39 PM
Noz1974
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Pads and rotors is an easy job save your labour cost by doing it yourself and use good parts like pagid or other OEM stuff
Old 07-28-2015, 07:50 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Two things you don't gamble with: your life and your wife. End of story.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had some complaints about the Meyle rotors warping easily in the past. Some of their products are of decent quality especially the Made in Germany parts, but a lot of it's made in China. No thanks. I sell the Meyle rotors too, but I don't recommend them.

I offer 10% off for Rennlister's, just contact me before you purchase.

Rear Rotors Click HERE.

Rear Pads Click HERE.

Rear Sensors Click HERE.

-Jason
Old 07-29-2015, 12:59 AM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You know, I'm a big fan of using OE Parts in a Bosch, mahle, etc box instead of the porsche one, but in this instance, we are really scraping the barrel. Even OEM quality meyle should be be more than this.

no no dude, the rotors, pads, and sensors are $122. Something ain't right there.
well dude, I was referring to the effective cost of the rotors if you just throw the other stuff away

as far as low cost pads, I put PowerStop Ceramic pads on my Boxster that cost ~$60 for both axles and they work great. Took the car to the track right after I put them on and no fade, no squeeling, just good firm stops.
trust me they got worked hard
No complaints on the street either
Old 07-29-2015, 03:05 PM
loveporsche911
Track Day

Thanks to everyone who put their two cents in... I decided I'm going to take the gamble and order the set, I will keep everyone updated.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:31 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by loveporsche911
Thanks to everyone who put their two cents in... I decided I'm going to take the gamble and order the set, I will keep everyone updated.
Thanks for taking the plunge and being "The Guinea Pig" ! For what it's worth, I wasn't necessarily advocating these or any other low cost parts (especially safety related stuff). More just being a "devils advocate" and questioning the sometimes seemingly ridiculous prices that we willingly open our wallets for. I don't care how much $ you have (or don't have for that matter)...nobody like getting ripped off.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:50 PM
zerogt86
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
I've had some complaints about the Meyle rotors warping easily in the past. Some of their products are of decent quality especially the Made in Germany parts, but a lot of it's made in China. No thanks. I sell the Meyle rotors too, but I don't recommend them.

I offer 10% off for Rennlister's, just contact me before you purchase.

Rear Rotors Click HERE.

Rear Pads Click HERE.

Rear Sensors Click HERE.

-Jason
Just out of curiosity, can you elaborate on the complaints you've received? Mostly track driving to cause the early warping? Any difference for a C2 or C4?
Old 07-29-2015, 04:54 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by zerogt86
Just out of curiosity, can you elaborate on the complaints you've received? Mostly track driving to cause the early warping? Any difference for a C2 or C4?
They were C2's if I remember correctly and just for street use. Some people drive more spirited then others.

-Jason
Old 07-29-2015, 05:54 PM
zerogt86
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
They were C2's if I remember correctly and just for street use. Some people drive more spirited then others.

-Jason
Thanks for the update! Good to hear some specific information since those Meyle rotors are so much cheaper than most of the others.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:04 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by loveporsche911
of course you did
Old 07-29-2015, 06:35 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 169 Posts
Default Should I Take a gamble.

of course you did
This hooker has her current HIV+ test with her, I'm good right? Thanks, doing her.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DTMiller
This hooker has her current HIV+ test with her, I'm good right? Thanks, doing her.
Now that's funny!

-Jason

Quick Reply: Should I Take a gamble.