Sponsored by:

Help with Seat Connections

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 11:14 AM
Blue Devil
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Seat Connections

Hello All. I am in the process of re-covering my front seats. Yesterday I removed the front passenger seat and noticed 2 connectors were unplugged. This may sound like an obvious question, but can anyone tell me what/where these should be plugged in by looking at attached picture? I am pretty sure the green plug is for the airbag/seatbelt sensor but can't figure out where is goes. (My airbag warning light has been on since I bought the car 2 years ago.) The second plug (red arrow) was taped up and unplugged when I removed the seat. My seats are non-heaated, sports seats with manual aft contron but power recline.

Thanks for any help!

Old 07-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

That green plug is for the airbag but not sure about the other plug. Chances are that plug was a leftover and your seats only incorporate what you see. To get the airbag plug back in you need to pull the tab on the end of the connection. It will slide part as you you pull it. Problem is I don't remember which way the pug goes in. There is a great DIY write up on RL about changing out the seats and the plug is covered in good detail. Good luck.

EDIT........Found the DIY

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-1998...stall-diy.html

EDIT......One more time...

If you have a Durametric you can reset your airbag light. If not go to an Indy or Dealer and pay to have it done. IF you ever change or remove your seats again make sure to keep the car key at least 10'-15' away from the car. If you the key is any closer your airbag light will go on when you dis-connect and re-connect the airbag plug.

Last edited by Sneaky Pete; 07-13-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:25 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think one of the plugs is for the front child seat airbag disconnect bar. If you want to place a child seat in the front, there is a bar you have to buy which bolts onto the bottom of the seat and it has a connection to the port to turn off the airbag.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:31 PM
Blue Devil
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you! The DIY link gave excellent pictures of where the seat belt/airbag plug goes.

Quick Reply: Help with Seat Connections