Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Let's talk gasoline! (Refined oil thread...)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 11:10 PM
kgoertz
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JD ARTHUR
I guess we just disagree. I wonder how you're so sure my choices have been less than intelligent and wonder why you think I recommended them to anyone. I just state what I do and why. I DONT THINK LEADED GAS IS BAD maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong its just my opinion, it won't change anything. I've seen things you've said on this board that I don't agree with and I realize its your opinion and it really doesn't matter wether I agree with it or not. Sorry about you being intolerant, you'll probably get over it.
The fact that leaded gas is bad isn't an opinion. And asbestos does cause cancer. Dismissing facts as "someone's opinion" just because they haven't impacted you personally is both naive and dangerous.

My father died from mesothelioma 5 years ago. He knew it was coming long before that since he was an insulator that worked heavily with asbestos.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:52 AM
Spokayman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JD ARTHUR
I guess we just disagree. I wonder how you're so sure my choices have been less than intelligent and wonder why you think I recommended them to anyone. I just state what I do and why. I DONT THINK LEADED GAS IS BAD maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong its just my opinion, it won't change anything. I've seen things you've said on this board that I don't agree with and I realize its your opinion and it really doesn't matter wether I agree with it or not. Sorry about you being intolerant, you'll probably get over it.
JD, Macster's posts are almost always based upon facts.
Facts are not opinions.
It is common to disagree about opinions, but by definition a fact is incontrovertible with no possibility of disagreement.
Almost always, facts are a more safe thing to trust and believe in than someone's opinion.
I think I understand where you are coming from because I sometimes do certain things and use products that I know full well have been proven wrong, barely effective, or even completely ineffective by testing and research.
It's not logical, but I continue to do them anyhow. I get it.

But, it seems unwise to argue against facts using only opinions or even anecdotal evidence.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:52 AM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 251 Likes on 161 Posts

At work we refer to motorcyclists without helmets as "donorcyclists". Good for the organ donation business. So if you are going to ride without a helmet just make sure you are an organ donor.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:03 PM
crashclint
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I filled up with ethanol free gas this weekend. It was $3.60 a gallon. The Pcar seems to have a little more pep as for gas mileage, well, I haven't been able to keep my foot off pedal so I don't think I will get good mileage this tank.

I have to drove to Va next month and will see what I get on the the trip.

Quick Reply: Let's talk gasoline! (Refined oil thread...)