Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Not a 996, but this could happen to you! Check out this video..

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 09:40 PM
vargas
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a 996, but this could happen to you! Check out this video..

http://jalopnik.com/justice-police-d...hal-1703943408

We need more people like this...

Sent from my iPad using Rennlist
Old 05-14-2015, 10:18 PM
Manley
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something similar happened to me years ago. I was walking with a friend when a police car aggressively pulled up on us demanding we stop. He then opened the back of his car and a man looked at me and said yes, it was him. I was then promptly detained and hauled off to jail.

I spent the night in jail and the next 3 months in court with a fellow defendant I had never seen watching witness after witness I had never seen discuss an incident that involved about 15 people beating 3 men in a car with pipes and other assorted weapons as they sat at a stoplight. The other defendant was actually there and found to be one of the assailants and the whole case was finally dismissed. None of the defense witnesses could confirm whether I was there or not as none of them knew me.

It turned out the plaintiffs had brandished a weapon at the other defendant at some earlier point that day and had a time period they were not willing to discuss as they did not want to incriminate themselves and then the whole thing was dismissed.

It was such a stress on my life as they were charging me with some serious crimes though I wasn't involved and nobody believed me. Was a bit frightening actually. I don't think my attorney believed me at first but as he spoke to witness after witness who had no idea who I was he became quite incensed at the fact I had not been dismissed and didn't charge me a dime when all was said and done. He said he had never seen anything like it.

So it can happen and had that video not surfaced, that person very well could have done jail time.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:38 PM
996pp
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

That's why I like my speed yellow. No confusions
Old 05-15-2015, 08:02 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 996pp
That's why I like my speed yellow. No confusions
+1

Quick Reply: Not a 996, but this could happen to you! Check out this video..