Sponsored by:

Power Window Relay question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 10:54 AM
jrrhdmust
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Power Window Relay question

So my passenger side door window, stopped working. When you pressed the rocker switch it wouldn't move up, but moved down.

I just shut off the car, and my passenger opened the door when I was trying to raise the window. The window got stuck at the bottom.

So I pulled the door panel last night. With the window bottomed out I couldn't get the speaker enclosure out. I would have had to release one side of the window hoping to tilt it up to get the enclosure out. I thought let me try the motor once more. So I hooked up power to the car hoping to press up on the window while pressing the switch; the window went right up with no help. When I stopped pressing the switch it would drop down like it was letting me open the door - the door was open.

So there are two switches/relays on the door handle that got removed as a part of the panel removal. My thought is one of those is bad, since they weren't hooked up when the window worked.

So does anyone know what those relays do? It looks like they go to the alarm. Is there a test open/short that I can perform?

Sorry for the long post just trying to get to the bottom of this.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:24 AM
jrrhdmust
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

So here is a pic of the back of the door panel. This is the back of the handle, the yellow arrows point to two sensors, that the wiring harness is attached too.

I am trying to figure out what exactly these do.

I cleaned them and ohmed them they both are open, and put it back together. I got the window to go up again....I am still not sure what happened
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Power Window Relay question