Sponsored by:

Window Regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 05:55 PM
joseviejo
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Regulator?

I am a relatively new 996 owner (about 6 months). It is a 2000 carrera coupe. It has a TPS turbo and it is in pretty decent shape. I will try to post some pictures soon. Today I tried to replace the passenger side window regulator. I have a new regulator marked R. When I removed the old regulator it was marked L. I put it back since the new one did not seem to fit. Was that a mis-labeling, are they interchangable. I will appreciate your assistance on this matter.
Thanks
Jose
Old 04-13-2015, 06:21 PM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

They are different parts with different part numbers. It's weird that the new one didn't fit. I know that replacing one is a pain in the a**.

Left side or drivers side is 99654207504
Right side or passenger side is 99654207604
Old 04-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Soaringman
Racer

they may have givin you the wrong one. it happened to me, I specifically asked for passenger side. didn't figure it out till i had the door apart and it took a week for the right one to arrive
Old 04-14-2015, 06:35 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Passenger side means nothing as these cars can be left and right hand drives depending where you live. Just saying.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:47 PM
joseviejo
5th Gear

Thanks for your response, friends. The bottom line is that the window regulator on the right side of the car is marked L. I bought one marked R. I probably did not try to install the new one hard enough. I tried to see if there is a part number printed on the part but there is none.
I might try again , but it is a lot of work. The window is going up and down but it does not come down enough when the door handle is pulled. I suspect the regulator is a little bit stretched.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:39 PM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by joseviejo
Thanks for your response, friends. The bottom line is that the window regulator on the right side of the car is marked L. I bought one marked R. I probably did not try to install the new one hard enough. I tried to see if there is a part number printed on the part but there is none.
I might try again , but it is a lot of work. The window is going up and down but it does not come down enough when the door handle is pulled. I suspect the regulator is a little bit stretched.
Are you certain it's the regulator? The lowering of the window when the door handle is pulled is control by other components. If the window goes all the way up and all the way down with no issue (and no weird sounds) via the center console switches then you don't have a regulator problem. Both the interior and exterior door handles have separate switches that lower the door glass a but when they are pulled.

Quick Reply: Window Regulator?