Sponsored by:

The Porsche Gods are smiling

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 02:23 PM
silotwo
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The Porsche Gods are smiling

Finally have a sunny and 60 degree day here today and I guess some Porsches are awaking from the long winter slumber.

All in one trip to the grocery store.

GT3 in speed yellow with fixed and huge rear wing as we cross a rural intersection. I wave, he at least gives nod of the head.

Black on Black 991 4S - Although my C2 is parked in the remote and vacant part of the grocery store lot, when I approach my car there is the gorgeous 991 nose to my tail. Assumed the owner did not think it embarrassing to park behind a 996 when he had at least an acre of empty space to choose from.

White Panamera - no response to my wave - that's okay

Grand finale - Black wide body (assume 930 or 964 - I don't know) Gorgeous car and even with a few cars between us I couldn't mistake the sound of the air cooled engine. As the cars between us turn off the driver notices I am behind him and opens his sunroof to flash me the victory sign.

And I had to admit to myself that there is some ego at play here as I had a brief thought that I wished I was driving the C4S for it's looks factor. So sad to think this way - but I'm over it.

So go drive and smile.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Castro Viejo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live right by the meeting site for the local Cars & Coffee group, and yesterday there were fancy cars of all marques roaming the North Hills of Pittsburgh... There are plenty of 991s around these parts but not as many 996s or 997s. Did see a beautiful red 996TT. Would've taken my year-rounder 996 4S if it wasn't for the winter grime I had to wash off it...

Spring has finally arrived!

Quick Reply: The Porsche Gods are smiling