IPD Plenum

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 12:23 PM
AfroThunder
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts
Default IPD Plenum

Hi All,

Anyone have experience with the IPD Plenums?

http://ipdplenums.com/products/plenums/carreras/996-carrera

My application would be an '01 C2 tiptronic. I guess the second one up from the bottom, going for $795. Is it worth it?

Let me know what you think, I appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks guys
Old 03-18-2015, 12:41 PM
ejs1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it's going to be worth it alone. Unless you can buy one used just to try it out but to me $800 is a lot for one part...

I personally have the headers, IPD plenum and an EVOMS intake. Got all the parts for less than $900. Car already had the Gemballa mufflers when I bought it. It sounds better and has more power in the midrange. Going to do the FVD ECU upgrade as well to see what that does. That will be it for me.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:53 PM
williamr91
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am thinking about the competition one (comes with larger tb and plenum). I can see that working, a lot more air flow, I think it is $1,000 or so. Going to to my cat bypass pipes first (hopefully installing soon) then decide if I want headers, bigger brakes, ecu tune or the new intake (maybe new intake manifold as well, larger gt3 side or something...if it fits a 3.4l). I'm just scared I'll get a bigger itch and go do a single turbo conversion (no superchargers for me)

My CTT has a IPD plenum, along with all the other bolt on's available (CAI, highflow cats, secondary cat delete, injectors, larger turbos, ecu tune, etc). I would say the plenum didn't do anything! However the stock plastic one was cracked, so it's worth the few extra bucks at that point.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:31 PM
AfroThunder
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ejs1
I don't think it's going to be worth it alone. Unless you can buy one used just to try it out but to me $800 is a lot for one part...

I personally have the headers, IPD plenum and an EVOMS intake. Got all the parts for less than $900. Car already had the Gemballa mufflers when I bought it. It sounds better and has more power in the midrange. Going to do the FVD ECU upgrade as well to see what that does. That will be it for me.
Thanks for that,

I do not have headers on the car.

Right now I only have the K&N FIPK intake, and agency power exhaust. To the best of your knowledge do you think the IDP plenum would do any justice with my current setup? Or would it just be $800 down the drain.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2015, 01:53 PM
ejs1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AfroThunder
Thanks for that,

I do not have headers on the car.

Right now I only have the K&N FIPK intake, and agency power exhaust. To the best of your knowledge do you think the IDP plenum would do any justice with my current setup? Or would it just be $800 down the drain.

Thanks
I think it will help for sure but don't expect big gains. Would obviously be better if you did the TB as well... I think all these mods provide a little here and there and in the end it's up to the driver to judge whether it's worth the money or not. To me, everything I have done so far has been worth it. Let's see how I feel about the tune. Just had my FVD sw upgraded. Will report back after I get a chance to drive it...
Old 03-18-2015, 07:37 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

IPD wouldn't be my first mod but more like my last mod.

I have headers, cat bypass, evoms, ipd, tb and custom ecu will be next.

As for GT3 IPD on a 3.4 or 3.6 with stock cams and no headwork would be a waste. You can get a $50 manometer and test it out yourself. Or just log the MAF value if you're only testing the enlarged GT3 TB/IPD combo and see what you get back.

Quick Reply: IPD Plenum