Sponsored by:

Reus Bose Enhensement?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 03:28 PM
peterC4C
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reus Bose Enhensement?

Has anybody had the Reus audio Bose enhensement system installed?

If so, reviews please. How do you like it.

I am thinking of having it installed next week. Just wondering what you guys think.

Peter Liao
Old 08-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Darren over on 6speed just had it done.. check with him. Are you considering the whole system or just the bose box?
Old 08-20-2003, 09:18 PM
santicua
Instructor

just curious...what is included in the Reus BOSE enhancement?
Old 08-20-2003, 09:46 PM
peterC4C
Instructor

Well, according to Rick:

The system have the following
New amps to run all speakers
a 10" sub above the spare tires, ported to the cabin.
a new centerchannel in the rear view mirror
new crossover settings for the exisiting speakers,
the sub for the cabs now acts as a mid-base.

Going over there tomorrow to check it out.

Peter Liao
Old 08-20-2003, 09:49 PM
peterC4C
Instructor

And this is their high end system quoted from an e-mail he sent me

Our $3,900 high end system is blueprinted for the 996 to perform at speeds between 15 to 85 mph with little compromise. The focus is on the soundstage across the dash with full frequency response from 23Hz to 15,000 Hz audibly. Its level of sophistication goes well beyond what's available in the conventional aftermarket.

The System is modular plug and play. The main components consist of: 2 amplifiers with a total system power of 360 watts, Dual 6.5" mid-bass/midrange speakers replacing the factory door speakers, Dual 4" ambient rear mids replacing the back speakers, dual tweeter modules which locate in the dash, a more sophisticated version of the 10" subwoofer in the spare.

Hoping to hear that tomorrow too.

Peter Liao
Old 08-21-2003, 01:00 AM
Darren911
Racer

Guys the rues systems are truley amazing - you cant explain them over the net - it just has to be heard. I am a musician as well and notice every detail in my recordings. You wont believe what you hear through a REUS setup. I have had them do systems in my 99 355 ferrari,01 996 cab, 01 996 TT, and just last week they flew in and did the system described in my 03 cab - all I can say is it is worth more than they sell it for... Anyone in the new york area is welcome to listen to it
Old 08-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 819 Likes on 265 Posts

So it doesn't matter where you are? They come to you and do the install or you have to ship the car to them?
Old 08-21-2003, 02:37 PM
peterC4C
Instructor

dpblessing

The way I understand it, porsche made the 996 body for right and left hand drives ( european and usa ) US cars have the steering colume on the left. that gives them room on the right hand side to make a port from the subs to the passenger compartment.

will let you guys know how it goes when I get some time to go today.

Peter Liao
Old 08-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Correct Kirby, They ship out the equipment then send a installer out...
They usually line up several installs on your area.
Old 08-23-2003, 05:51 PM
peterC4C
Instructor

Went to hear Reus systems today. All I can say is it's amazing. For those of you who know about real high end sound systems: I've simply never heard that kind of sound stage, sound clarity and quality like that in a car.

needless to say, he has my car while I go on bussiness trip next week for a install.

Peter
Old 08-23-2003, 07:04 PM
peterC4C
Instructor

No problem Doug:

It did sound incredible. I've heard my share of high end audio in cars, but this just blew me away. It's not that I hav'nt heard louder systems or systems with incredible bass that you hear a mile away. Their system is not like that. It accurately reproduce MUSIC. It's the closest I've heard to my home audio system. I don't know if that makes sense or I'm just rambling on. I will post a review next week.

I don't think posting pics next week will help either. almost everything looks stock unless you go down into the spare tire in the trunk(where they keep the sub and the amp and still keep the spare tire.) or take the panels apart. The only difference you see really, is that there are two tweeters build into the rear view mirrors.

see you guys in a week. I am off to vegas for a tradeshow.

Peter Liao
Old 08-27-2003, 02:57 AM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

I am glad that people finally see the light!! I've been pushing Reus systems over Paris and all kinds of other junk, but not enough people actually take the time to check them out.

I have a Reus setup in my Benz and it is nothing short of amazing. While I have not yet forked over the cash for the Porsche, I heard a 996 Cab that they were working on a few months ago, and WOW - it is AMAZING.

Their $3,900 system if I am not mistaken is the middle-of-the-line for the 996. But calling it middle of the line does it an injustice - it is spectacular. The full on ***** to the wall system is around $6K if I remember correctly.

Their factory is in Orange, CA, but they do travel all around the country (and maybe the world??) to do installs - that is how much people trust them!! If anyone watching this thread is in So Cal, it's worth the trip to go see Rick and listen to his demo board as his stuff completely demolishes the best that McIntosh, Focal, MB Quart, and others have to offer.

As Darren said, it's hard to explain over the internet, but the best description I can give is: Rick makes you listen to the top of the line speakers from all of the hi-fi brands, and they all sound great, but pretty much the same. Then he switches you over to his proprietary stuff and voila, it's like the room comes alive. A smile dominates your face far after you leave the shop.

Quick Reply: Reus Bose Enhensement?