Sponsored by:

996 Left Valve Cover Cam Adjust Solenoid Leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Petersa9
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 996 Left Valve Cover Cam Adjust Solenoid Leak

Hello everyone! This is my first post as I just purchased my first Porsche 996 a couple weeks ago. I had a PPI performed by Midwest Performance in Chicago and they had a few items they discovered. After all they recommended I buy the car, even with the few issues.

It's a midnight blue metallic 1999 C2 with 30k miles, LSD, Aero kit and big reds. I'll get a photo uploaded shortly. Needless to say THIS CAR KICKS ***! My wife is trying to pry me and my son away from it. I already caught my son sitting in the back seat in his pajamas the other morning. Proud moment.

Down to business. One item listed was the left valve cover cam adjust solenoid. Picture below. The oil seal is leaking and they mentioned a "seal kit." It's also listed as a 5 hour job.

Being I do not have a lift and will rely on jacking it up in my garage is this something I should approach or pay a mechanic. I am very handy and have a full auto tool chest from past years of racing and destroying cars.

However, I am a complete noob to Porsche and this damn engine couldn't be crammed in there any tighter! Your advice is much appreciated.
Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Petersa9
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This looks to be the correct part. http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...105-223-52-M17
Old 10-12-2014, 04:07 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Try posting in the 996 tech forum.

This 'Help' forum is for problems with the forum software.

Quick Reply: 996 Left Valve Cover Cam Adjust Solenoid Leak