Sponsored by:

Hella xxxx aiming.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 02:52 PM
dnwong
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hella xxxx aiming.

I have a set of these Hella lights but they point to low and at the ground. I found two holes on the side that have adjusting screws, one on top of the other. Since you have to take the assembly out to get to get to the adjustment, it's hard to do trial and error. Does anyone know how to adjust the height? Part number is: 996.631.060.20
Old 09-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

These (Litronic xenon) should have servos inside that adjust the lights automatically based on the load level. Load sensors are attached to the front and rear control arms. Have you checked if the sensor levers are broken?
Old 09-12-2014, 04:27 PM
dnwong
Pro

This was a retrofit from a previous owner. It probably was halogen. Would the load sensors be installed with this setup.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:22 PM
particlewave
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The part number you provided is for Litronic headlights. If you have Litronics installed by the previous owner, you may be missing the leveling computer.

Do your headlights look like mine, or Ahsai's?
You should have two access holes behind the carpet in the luggage compartment which allow you to turn the adjusters in order to aim the headlights while they are in your car. If they are aimed low, you need to turn the bottom adjuster counterclockwise to raise the beam.

I would also suggest that you open up the rear covers of the headlights the next time you have them out and check that the top reflector mounts are not broken. The top mounts on both the MkI and MKII headlights are fairly weak and prone to breaking.

When the top mount breaks, the reflector tilts forward and points toward the ground. No amount of adjusting will fix this until the broken mount is repaired.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:21 PM
dnwong
Pro

Finally took it out and took some pics. See the two adjusting holes on the side. Not sure if they are for height adjustment.

Last edited by dnwong; 09-25-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Hella xxxx aiming.