Sponsored by:

Bras

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Spizz Oil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bras

Does anyone know if they are available in the UK? If so, where?
Old 08-12-2003, 06:47 PM
BostonMarkC
Racer

Victoria's Secret?

Are they not availbale at your dealer?
Old 08-12-2003, 06:52 PM
Spizz Oil
Instructor

No - not avaiable at dealer - rare here. It's a 2002, by the way.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Dmitri
Instructor

Rather than a bra, why not consider one of the many clear bra products out there that use the 3M Scotchcal material? I'm not certain, but I believe that a product called ArmourFend is available in the UK.

I'm not affiliated with these companies, but just a satisfied customer. I had this stuff put on my new 996 and it's nearly impossible to see, provides coverage that's as good if not better than a bra, and won't "chafe" or collect grit underneath as bras do, which scuff up the paint job.

Good luck.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Andy (Atlanta)
Racer

Give this a try.
http://www.speedlingerie.com
Old 08-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Spizz Oil
Instructor

Dmitri/Andy thanks for your posts.

Dmitri - what happens when you peel off?

Andy - any problems collecting grit etc as Dmitri mentions? Have to say tha tempted by the name itself. Hope they ship to UK and that no differences with UK spec.

Spizz
Old 08-12-2003, 07:26 PM
Andy (Atlanta)
Racer

The SpeedLingerie bra does not use hooks around the fender like the Colgan bra does. It has a continuous plastic strip that wraps around the inner fender. Also there is a plastic piece that is inserted between the fender and headlights that prevents dust getting under the bra. I had a Colgan bra for my Boxster and C4S but the SpeedLingerie does a better job of keeping grime / dust from getting to the paint. However, I would go with a clear bra if my car is a daily driver. I have one on my Audi A4 that I drive to work., etc.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:10 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally posted by Andy (Atlanta)
Give this a try.
http://www.speedlingerie.com
Is that your garage? Wow, that's incredible if it is! Is that vinyl tile on the floor? If so, how is it holding up?

Charlie
Old 08-13-2003, 09:40 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 269 Posts

How does the Bra stay down at high speeds where the crest is? Or is that crest on the bra itself?

BTW, I have a clear bra on my car and love it also. You can see picks on the link below.

Old 08-13-2003, 11:11 PM
Andy (Atlanta)
Racer

There is a clear opening for the Porsche crest on the bra. So far no problems at high speeds.

CharlieDC.. The tiles are Composite Vinyl Tiles (CVT), which can be purchased at any Home Improvement or Flooring store. The Manufacturer is Azrock VCT VS-300 (white) and VS-304 (black) and they are solid in color. The floor is first covered in glue (mastic) and the tiles are simply put down after the glue sets up. Very easy to do.
The tiles will hold up to water so you can drive on them any time. I put on several coats of floor wax to keep them clean. Some tire compounds can stain the tiles so I put a piece of clear plastic under each tire (roll the car onto them) if I don’t plan on driving the car for a while. If they do stain, I just strip the wax and put down another coat. The tiles have been down for about five years with no problems. They will not crack if tools are dropped but may dent if a heavy concentrated weight is placed on them. For example a floor jack if lifting a car. I usually put plywood under the jack to prevent this from happening.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:44 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Gee, looking at Andy's garage, I wonder if we have ever had a "show us your, er Garage" post. If so forget it. If not, let's consider it, and maybe we should begin with Andy's
Old 08-14-2003, 12:05 AM
Dirk Tanner
Instructor

I remember a recent "What's in your garage?" post...seems I couldn't impress anyone w/ a speed yellow mop bucket that matches my SY C2. I guess a nicely restored Tolkheim gas pump does look a little nicer. My SY garage is turning green! I knew I should have bought that pump at the Barrett Jackson (last night of auction, last car had just crossed the block, an MG big-ugly-bumper for ~$2K as I recall, could have got a deal on the pump).

And you just cost me about 700 bucks, Andy! Had to order the SY bra and mirror covers for my first ROAD TRIP!!!! next week to Tahoe, Gold Country, Yosemite, Death Valley, Vegas. Yeah, thanks alot. Goin' with some Boxster buds of ours.

I felt obliged to explain exactly what it is that I'd like our cute UPS girl to just leave on my porch for me from "Speed Lingerie"...and the sexy little rear-view mirror undies, too.

They expedited this for me. Man, if it gets here on time, Speed Lingerie will move to the top of my worship list!

Nice stuff, Andy!

Cheers,
-DT
Old 08-15-2003, 07:15 AM
Dmitri
Instructor

Spizz: On the clear bra, the 3M product has an adhesive to keep it in place, but when you need to replace it, it can be peeled off with no damage or discoloration to the paint. I had to have a couple of the smaller pieces that go on the outside mirrors replaced due to a faulty install, and they came away perfect.

I had a bra on my last car (Lexus SC400) and was amazed at how much grit got underneath it, even though it was a tight fit to the car. Most of the chafing damage to the paint came out with a good buff, but there were some marks that didn't.

Also, another advantage to the clear bra is that it's virtually 99% transparent, meaning that the paint underneath fades at the same rate as the rest of the car. If you've ever had a bra on for a long time on a car (I'm talking about a few years) and taken it off, on some color cars you really notice a different in the paint color. Again, buffing helps, but it's not perfect.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Spizz Oil
Instructor

Dmitri

V. helpful - thanks

Quick Reply: Bras