Originally Posted by Slinger26
Nice!
The seat or 996FLT6's signature?
Cause now I'm a bit confused...
Old 08-22-2014, 04:43 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

laz74, the driver's seat airbag is intact. I left it alone and it is not hooked up to anything. When I hooked up the positive wire to power the seat motor, I was very careful to avoid the airbag wire. The passenger airbag had been deployed. I trimmed the bag down to the base and epoxied the airbag cover closed. It did not appear easy to remove the entire bag.
Steve, I feel the same way about my 996. My miles are a couple thousand shy of yours. I would love to hear about or see your boat project. We did a road trip to Idaho and loved it. My next house will have a shop with a lift for my future car projects. Here is a picture of a project car that I bid on this morning (and did not win). I am pretty open to different car projects and Tigers are high on my list.
Mike, the roll bar is for roll over protection only. I will use a CG lock on the factory seat belts for the track. The 997 sport seats do not have a provision for a shoulder harness. The seats have way more bolstering (bottom and back) than the original 996 standard seats.
Slinger26, if you were referring to the seats, thanks.
Irocman, if he was referring to Mike's signature, I agree.
Attached Images  
Old 08-22-2014, 05:46 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Boat project

Some pics for you Mark of my 17' dory that I launched this summer in June.
Attached Images    
Old 08-22-2014, 07:53 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfletch
laz74, the driver's seat airbag is intact. I left it alone and it is not hooked up to anything. When I hooked up the positive wire to power the seat motor, I was very careful to avoid the airbag wire. The passenger airbag had been deployed. I trimmed the bag down to the base and epoxied the airbag cover closed. It did not appear easy to remove the entire bag.
Steve, I feel the same way about my 996. My miles are a couple thousand shy of yours. I would love to hear about or see your boat project. We did a road trip to Idaho and loved it. My next house will have a shop with a lift for my future car projects. Here is a picture of a project car that I bid on this morning (and did not win). I am pretty open to different car projects and Tigers are high on my list.
Mike, the roll bar is for roll over protection only. I will use a CG lock on the factory seat belts for the track. The 997 sport seats do not have a provision for a shoulder harness. The seats have way more bolstering (bottom and back) than the original 996 standard seats.
Slinger26, if you were referring to the seats, thanks.
Irocman, if he was referring to Mike's signature, I agree.
I take it the cg lock works on the lapbelt right? If u want both lap and shoulder belt tite u could negate using cg altogether by pulling seat back abit then yank seatbelt til it locks then move your seat forward at your normal position. Very tite. Mike
Old 08-23-2014, 08:16 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Steve, thanks for posting the pictures of your boat. It is absolutely gorgeous. You should be proud. The woodwork is beautiful. I hope you get lots of hours of pleasure out of it. One of the requirements for our retirement home is that it be riverfront.
Mike, thanks for the info. I will give it a try.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 Seats Installed