Sponsored by:

Update on Buying C2

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Boxsterdoc47
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Update on Buying C2

Hello board...wish to give update on buying process..atleast i have now limited the choices...was interested in a targa yet test drove and did not like it at all! Still looking at a red C2 withvarious options and working on the price still...lots on the lots yet alot of salespeople will not deal at all...trying to get an 03 on lot like the above since 04 is out now ....any comments....thanks
Old 08-06-2003, 10:24 PM
caf
Rennlist Member

Boxsterdoc, I'd recommend working the official Porsche site, if you're not already. Search the dealer inventory (not always accurate, but a good start) on the Porsche AG website. Search states closest to you, and fan out as far as necessary to find cars that meet your specs. I made most of my initial contacts this way, by phone or e-mail. Make an offer close to invoice on your favorite '03. I think someone will bite.

What didn't you like about the Targa--really not that much different than the Coupe with the roof closed. I bought a leftover '02 Targa at a very good price, and frankly, when I get in a regular coupe I find it just a little bit boring now--I really miss the glass roof!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:39 PM
Boxsterdoc47
Instructor

Thanks for your post I sent a message to you...The Targa I felt was heavier,not as responsive,and squeeky...The $ I felt was too much for what you get.... others comment thanks
Old 08-06-2003, 11:40 PM
potxoli
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought a C4S off the lot. In this area (washington DC) dealers did not seem to be very inclined to deal and there were not a lot of C4S available. At the time I bought it, local inventory of 4 dealerships had about 7 C4S's total in the areawith only one in the color that I wanted. I endup up getting a discount under MSRP after some haggling, but nothing to write home about and certainly nothing like the stories I hear from california.

Go for the C4S! Obviously I'm biased, but it it is the best looking one of the bunch and I really like the extra traction of a 4WD which helps the not so excellent driver like me

Quick Reply: Update on Buying C2