Question for Karl S

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 05:59 PM
Ash996
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question for Karl S

Karl,

You had helped me when I was having issues with my bellows boot. As I had mentioned in my previous post, they replaced it and they are now telling me that I have a different vacuum leak on the passenger side (I can hear it as well and the car definately isnt pulling like it should). I have little faith in HBL's service department so I would like to take it to IMA as you suggested but cannot find a listing for them. Can you let me know the phone number or full name of the shop so I can look them up and make an appointment. Also, is there a certain tech that you would recommend since you seem to know them.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ash

P.S. Congrats on the GT3, that thing looks crazy in your pictures. If you are in the Mclean/Tysons area, I would love to check it out.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:10 PM
CarlosR
Instructor

Ash,

IMA Motorsport can be reached at (703) 849-9590. Ivan Arzola is the (or maybe "a") owner. I've heard good things about them, but never used them myself.

=Carlos=

P.S. I second your suggestion. I think Karl should host a gathering of all Rennlist 996 owners that live in McLean, over at his place, to check his new baby out! (I think it would only be two of us ;-) )
Old 08-06-2003, 01:14 AM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

Actually, I am already working on this idea. I'm going to have an "open garage" on Sunday afternoon for anyone who is interested in stopping by to check out the GT3. My Cup car will be there for comparison.

If you interested PM or e-mail me and I'll send you directions.

BTW, the service department at HBL is a joke. It took them 3 tries to fix my problem and they charged me for it after the first time. I plan to take the GT3 to Arlington or Rockville for any warranty work.

Karl
Old 08-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Ash996
Advanced

Thanks guys,

I got an appointment with IMA for Monday (they sounded pretty backed up). I spoke with Chris and he seemed pretty knowledgeable about the subject of vacuum leaks. I am hoping for the best.

On another note, I am interested in your sunday get together. I'll P M you and get directions.

Ash

Quick Reply: Question for Karl S