Sponsored by:

PSM switch inop question

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 08:13 PM
RedTele
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts
Default PSM switch inop question

Gents - this is in regards to my 2002 Boxster S, but it's the same switch as on my 1999 996 C4, so I'm guessing you guys will have an answer quicker than I'll find on the Rennlist Boxster board.

2002 Boxster S. 6 speed. PSM option. The PSM switch appears to be inop. I know it has worked in the recent past...

In "teching" the car for a DE this weekend I went to toggle the switch on/off. The switch only "floats" back and forth between the two positions. There is no "click" like you'd normally feel when disabling the system.

The yellow light does illuminate when the ignition key is turned to the accessory position, and it goes out (indicating the PSM system is on) when the ignition key is on, so I'll assume power is getting to the switch.

Does the failure of the switch to toggle between the two positions indicate a bad toggle switch, or does it indicate a problem in the PSM system itself, which in turn disables the switch's ability to turn the PSM system on/off?

Edit: I should add - no problems/symptoms w/ the braking system. No codes being thrown.

Inputs/ideas/solutions greatly appreciated! Thanks,

Rick

Last edited by RedTele; 05-01-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Quick Reply: PSM switch inop question