996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

She's gone...R.I.P.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014 | 06:11 PM
GuardsTurbo
Racer

Originally Posted by ttreat
Let me start of by saying I definitely am not the PM'r nor want to fuel a rant.
But as a thirty something year old husband and father of two daughters and a son, I really don't want to see avatars of women in their underwear while looking at Rennlist forums. We all have different views and tastes but can agree that we all come here for the cars. There are plenty of other websites out there if you want to get your visual fix.
I kind of agree, but damn that *** is fine.......
Old 04-10-2014 | 06:14 PM
copper
Instructor

There is? I always get my fix here.

PS Please don't look at my avatar then.
Old 04-10-2014 | 06:24 PM
GuardsTurbo
Racer

Originally Posted by copper
There is? I always get my fix here.

PS Please don't look at my avatar then.
your avatar is child's play compared to his.
Old 04-10-2014 | 07:40 PM
alpine003
Banned

But as a thirty something year old husband and father of two daughters and a son, I really don't want to see avatars of women in their underwear while looking at Rennlist forums. We all have different views and tastes but can agree that we all come here for the cars. There are plenty of other websites out there if you want to get your visual fix.
The reality is avatars are user generated content and as such, you will see them everywhere whether you're on CNN, economist, New Yorker, Forbes, etc. under the comments section and not just unique to this site.

As Schnell mentioned, you can always turn off user avatars in the control panel and this is exactly what I do at work. In fact I didn't know what the hell he was talking about when he pm'd me in the past saying we're twins. I thought I lost a long lost brother coming to the states when I was young or something since I never saw his avatar.

Either that or maybe move to France where you can see a full nude women diving into a pool on public tv commercial for Evian.
Old 04-10-2014 | 08:11 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Well, I am not one that likes to offend others on a regular basis and I cannot disagree with the points being made.

I likes hot cars and hotter women and that's just me. Obviously I cannot please everyone, including myself at times so maybe the avatar turn off feature would be a good option for some.

Again, I don't mean to offend. This is a great forum with awesome people and I would never purposely do anything to tarnish that.
Old 04-10-2014 | 11:13 PM
Down South
Rennlist Member

As others have mentioned, you can always turn off avatars to insure discretion when needed.
Old 04-10-2014 | 11:14 PM
Down South
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RDykmans
I hope they don't mess with Down South's. I've always been partial to blondes and she is just outstanding!
You should see the ones from this photo shoot I can't use...
Old 04-10-2014 | 11:20 PM
copper
Instructor

Originally Posted by Down South
You should see the ones from this photo shoot I can't use...
TEASE!
Old 04-11-2014 | 03:35 PM
Down South
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by copper
TEASE!
LOL!!

Quick Reply: She's gone...R.I.P.