Sponsored by:

Sticky brake pedal redux

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sticky brake pedal redux

I had posted a while back about my brake pedal sticking on my 99 996. The symptoms are that the pedal will occasionally stick "on". I need to pull up on the pedal with my toe to free it. It's not severely sticking but sticking nonetheless.

My first thought, based on my highly scientific Google research, was that my master cylinder or some part in the fluid system was bad. All is well in that department and several bleedings by the dealer did not show any concerns with the booster, etc.

So, I got under the dash and have been playing with the pedal. It definitely feels like something is amiss with the pedal assembly itself.

I believe there is a spring there? I didn't see it in the PET. Could a worn spring or bushing cause this thing to stick?

I really hate to have my dealer dig into this too deep as my wallet and fragile nerves can't handle it.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

No idea but I can say I had to read this 4x because my eyes kept drifting to your avatar....
Old 03-10-2014, 10:42 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I concur Pete. Definitely one of my better choices. I may keep her around for a bit.

Quick Reply: Sticky brake pedal redux