Sponsored by:

Nav Maps Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 11:17 AM
PorscheTrek
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav Maps Question

Since I travel up and down the east coast occasionally, and when I purchased my 2004 C4S in 2012 it only had the 2004 northeast CD with it, I decided to spring for the 2013 Navteq maps from Suncoast, that contain 8 CDs for all of North America coverage. My PCM 2.0 system had previously been updated to software version 3.0. There also were two "PCM 2.0 Multimedia Update CD"s included, one for 911 and Boxster, the other for Cayenne. I've tried to load these myself, and the one CD I tried (CD 5) started to load, but it didn't complete the bar going across the screen. Has anyone loaded these themselves, or is it something only a dealer can do? When I called Suncoast, they say that they "think" people have done it themselves, but they recommend going to the dealer. They also suggested checking here or 6speed.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,424 Likes on 890 Posts

I've done it with PCM 2.0 in my Cayenne. It was a pretty straightforward process. I do recall that you need to leave the car running during the entire process and you shouldn't interrupt it. The first disc contains the firmware update and the others have the map data.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:15 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I did my 04 and my 07.
You need to have the car running. Pop in the update CD and it will load itself. Can take a while. Once done, you put in the map CD (map DVD on the 07). That is it.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:57 PM
PorscheTrek
Track Day

Thanks...I think since originally posting I've gotten it to load ok. Since my other vehicles with built-in NAV use DVDs that cover the entire country, I've not used the CD-based system like the 996 has. I got 8 CDs (some cover Canada, Mexico, and Brazil--places I'll never drive to), of which 5 are for the US. I guess when you reach the end of a covered section, you pop in another CD for coverage? If you're looking for routing instructions for a trip that covers two maps, how does that work? Just curious for the planning purposes---in reality, I'll probably just use Googlemaps on my phone.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:48 PM
cranemj
3rd Gear

Default Lastest PCM maps

Does anyone have the latest CD/DVD that I could copy or at least borrow whilst I update my system.

Currently on 2010

Quick Reply: Nav Maps Question