Old 07-28-2003 | 03:26 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

http://hobbystage.net/porsche/itzkirb/

Seal Gray get my vote!
Old 07-28-2003 | 07:56 AM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Before I picked up my seal grey C4S I ran a black (non-metallic) 986S. Absolutely loved the look when it was clean. I would probably buy a black boxster S again because it looked so good...and then regret it.

GreggT and Palting are so right...swirl marks are a real issue. If you've got the time, well..

I would go with seal grey again on my C4S and never look back.
Old 07-28-2003 | 08:46 AM
noony
Racer

Black/Midnight blue/Cobalt blue w/ natural
Old 07-28-2003 | 09:20 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Seal Gray........my next Pcar colour for sure....

Go have a look at Nacelle's new C4S. Wow!!!!!

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...threadid=79336
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:54 AM
03-C4S
Racer

Of course seal grey is a great color. Check out my signature for more pictures.
Old 07-28-2003 | 12:03 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Default Speed Yellow

Speed Yellow - no swirl marks, easy to keep clean, doesn't show a clear bra like silver or black does, and a whole lot less common than silver, black or seal which seem to account for 90% of all C4S's. You can also get matching stitching, console, seat backs and seat belts, then again, yellow isn't for everyone...

Old 07-28-2003 | 02:59 PM
MRW
Rennlist Member

When I bought my first Porsche in 1988, everything, and I mean everything, was either black or Guards Red. So of course I bought Marine Blue w/ Linen leather off the dealers showroom floor, where it had languished for months. That was a great looking car, but no one wanted it, and it was therefore a great deal.

When I ordered my present Porsche, a C4 Cab, I decided to go with a traditional Porsche color, Guards Red, which in these pages is much maligned. The truth is, it is a great looking color, easy to maintain (non-metallic), and look clean even when a bit dusty. GR is an old, historic Porsche color, and looks great with black with deviating red stitching, red sport seatbacks, and a red console. The Savannah interior also looks nice with red.

If you want to be very Y2K and see yourself coming and going a hundred times a day, get silver or seal gray. Judging by the dealer lots that I have seen, they are the most popular colors, and let's face it, silver is a very traditional Porsche color. Second choice for me was Polar Silver, with a nice blue tint to it, but very expensive, in my opinion.

With apologies to all devotees here, I simply think that silver and grey are, well, sort of bland, but they are definitely hip, in an Armani-esque sort of a way, which is to say, chic but austere. My red Cab looks like a sports car, and the nice policeman in my town agreed last week when he pulled me over for speeding.

I've wanted to weigh in on these endless color debates for a long time, and now that that's off my chest, I'll go back to work. Cheers to all.
Old 07-28-2003 | 04:28 PM
Dirk Tanner
Instructor

Prior to my '03 Speed Yeller C2, I had an '02 Seal Grey C2. Beautiful color, but man was I tired of seeing it everywhere. If you don't live in an area crawling w/ P-cars, I guess that wouldn't be a factor.

But I enjoy the relative exclusivity of a SY car, and I've always lusted after one. I've never been a big fan of metallics on sports cars, much preferring black, red, yellow, BRG, and white, though Arctic Silver/Polar Silver are classics, and show off the 911's contours better than anything else, IMO.

If still undecided, get B,R,Y, or W because the cost savings will pay for the matching center console.

But what the hell do I know? It's your money, get whatever color you see yourself enjoying the most.

-DT
Old 07-28-2003 | 04:47 PM
LegoDoom
Instructor

The reason I like the grey's and silvers is because it does show off the contours of the cars that black hides. There are so many good colors though. Guards Red and Speed Yellow look great.

P-cars aren't that prominant in my area, so my next car is gonna be seal grey. I love the polar silver, but think it looks better on the 993's.
Old 07-28-2003 | 06:14 PM
pingu_c4s
Advanced

Its a matter of preference. When I see a black C4S a few months earlier, i'm hooked.

Whats do most P-drivers here use to wash their babies?
Old 07-28-2003 | 06:21 PM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Black with Black interior.
Or if Cabriolet: Triple Black
Nothing looks as good as a clean shiny Black Porsche, specially at night.
There is a reason why black is color code A1 with Porsche!
Old 07-29-2003 | 10:19 AM
cableguy
Racer

I see a lot of AS C4's, more then black I think. However, I just saw a Black one the road Sunday and man it looked HOT. I agere with many of the posts. Black definatly looks more agressive, but you do see some of the details a little better on the AS. I don't think you could go wrong with either. I drive my car mostly on the weekends and I went with Black. Sure it takes a little more TLC to keep it looking great but I don't mind.
Old 07-29-2003 | 04:54 PM
gs
Track Day

How about Dark Teal Metallic? I saw a C2 this color a few weeks ago and was surprised how good it looks in person. Right now it is my second favorite after Slate Gray.
Old 07-29-2003 | 09:41 PM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Ok, I posted some of my black C4 Cabriolet.
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...threadid=80593
It was last washed on Saturday, waxed with Blackfire on the 4Th of July.
I drive it about 60 miles daily and garage it at night. I don't think maintenance is all that high considering how good A1 Black looks.
Old 07-29-2003 | 11:37 PM
Jmac
Advanced

I have a Slate Grey C4 Cab - love it - but just saw a Viola Violet C4S at the dealer and my jaw dropped - absolutely stunning! Porsche's deserve to be unique - and this color is amazing! I'm likely going to order my C4S Cab in Viola with black roof/black full leather...

Quick Reply: Can't Decide 996 C4S Color Pro/Con?