Sponsored by:

Is a clear bra worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 01:31 PM
smjjpres
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is a clear bra worth it?

I appologize in advance if this topic has been discussed on other occasions.

However, the dealer told me that a car with a clear bra does not bring an extra penny on a trade.

That being said, is it worth spending 1K to get it done? I assume you could probably re-paint the entire bumper fot 1K if need be.

Or, does the clear bra give one a sense of peace of mind. Knowing you actually are not chipping the paint.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2003, 02:40 PM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It should cost you less than 1K.
Yes it's woth it, and it protect not only your bumper but also the front of your hood, front quarter pannels, and mirrors. some installers will also put a strip on the outside edge of your doors or on the door sills, if you have a widebody, I have also seen it on the fender flares.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:59 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

"the dealer told me that a car with a clear bra does not bring an extra penny on a trade."

what can bring an extra penn on a trade? i've spent lots money upgrade the car. a lot of people here does that too. the most important thing is u enjoy it have a nice looking car. by the way, the dealer told me my 3k PSE is not gonna worth anything in trade. i still did it

don't think about trade. if u do, lease a Porsche and beat the hell out of it.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:10 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

I have stonegard and I agree with what Leon said above. Well worth the money. Even the ourside mirrors are covered. Just get a good installer, that's all.

BTW Leon if you're watching, can you post a pic of your Cab with the ROW M030? TIA
Old 07-27-2003, 09:18 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 819 Likes on 265 Posts

I got the Xpel Clear bra installed on my C2 and I must say I like it. I have the entire front end covered as well at the door sills, side mirrors and Gas cover. I have some before and after pics on the attached link.

http://hobbystage.net/porsche/itzkirb/

I agree with Leon and DonW it's well worth it.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:40 PM
aktundramonkey
Advanced

I don't have a clear bra and am paying dearly in heartache everytime I look at all those chips. I regret not doing it, but feel like it's too late (1) because I already have the chips and (2) because I've already shipped the car to AK and don't trust anyone here to do the install. I'd get the bra.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:39 AM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Just got back from the track and found two small tears in my Armour fend/fist. The film is torn but the paint is NOT scratched. I know from past experience, ie before a film application, that those would have been paint dings without the film!!!

You may not get any more for your car, but you certainly won't get less!
Old 07-28-2003, 08:31 AM
Ghost Rider
Banned

I love the clear bra, but as others have said, get a good installer. I prefer to use Alan Seligman of Invinca-Shield because I've found him to be the best and he travels worldwide to do installs. He just finished a Tech Session for our PCA chapter here in town this past weekend. You can read about it and see pictures at Invinca-Shield Tech Session in the News section. You can reach Alan at 407-927-1900, no vested interest, just a happy customer.

Here are some pics as an FYI.

Old 07-28-2003, 07:14 PM
ADJ
Intermediate

Default Agreed

Agree with what everyone has already said. Nothing like peace of mind!! I have had it on all of my cars and it is worth every penny, especially if you are planning on doing any road trips.

Quick Reply: Is a clear bra worth it?