Sponsored by:

Better bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 11:52 PM
powerfeed
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better bulbs

What is the hot setup for fog light and side marker bulbs(and maybe rear bulbs)? I’ve seen posts from a few members but couldn’t relocate any useful information. I do recall some members using Silvervision and Bluevision bulbs (which I have never heard of). In particular, the fog lights yellowish tint is kinda funky combined with the litronics blue/white. Also, I could use a good source. Your thoughts on this matter are appreciated
Old 07-27-2003, 02:55 PM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also, I have been on Silvervision site and it provides no guidance as to which lights are for 996s. I would like to change my side marker lights (easy) as well as my blinkers (is that difficult). Does anybody know which ones to get?
Old 07-28-2003, 05:13 AM
NMoore
Racer

Try autolamps-online.com for the Philips bulbs, very good service. I have the Silvervision turn signals and switched to the Weathervision (H7) fogs.

I am very pleased with the Weathervisions, get quite a bit of fog, and they are very, very bright despite the tint.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:35 PM
SICAONE
Racer

How do you change the turn signals and fogs? Do you have to remove the bumper? Never changed before.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:10 PM
ADJ
Intermediate

Default Check out silverFUSION

Great lights - they sell a great package for front/rear and side markers. Check your manual for steps to change turn signal - very easy. Same with the headlight assemblies.

www.silverFUSION.co.uk If you tell them that you heard about them from Rennlist and Allan J., they may give you a discount off the advertised price.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:12 AM
NMoore
Racer

SICAONE there is a tool in the boot for pulling the headlight assembly, pretty good instructions in the manual.

If you do it, push in the headlight formly as you use the tool to set it in--a few people have had them pop out on braking.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:37 PM
b-man
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2003 911 with the bi-xenon headlights.

I changed to the smoked/clear sidemarker lenses. But, I didn't like the yellow/orange bulbs that came with them. I wanted bulbs that would match the headlights that have the white with blue tint color.

After much research and finding that their is very little information out there, I decided to go with PIAA sidemarker bulbs. PIAA has quite a few different colors and shades that will fit. I went with PIAA # 19172 and, in my opinion, they look good but are just a little too blue compared to the headlights. I am planning to try PIAA # 19168 next. That is one step less blue.

If I were in the market for white sidemarker bulbs with a blue tint, I would probably just order both of the above at the same time and try each of them to see what I like best.

I special ordered mine through The Tire Rack. They are a PIAA dealer but, didn't have what I wanted in stock. They rip you off on shipping. I think the bulbs were $15 for the pair, but an extra $8.95 for shipping.

If someone knows a better place for PIAA bulbs, please let me know.

b-man

Quick Reply: Better bulbs