Sponsored by:

Side Skirt MKII install instuctions/TSB

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Mark Wagner
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Side Skirt MKII install instuctions/TSB

Does anyone have them that the can send to me via PM or email?
Old 02-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Mark Wagner
Instructor

I was specifically wondering if the rear wheelhouse shields needs to come off to remove the protector and install the skirt, also in regards to front and rear are there any holes that need to be drilled. I know the clips get mounted to the rocker pinch weld for mounting underneath but not sure about the front and rear. Instructions would be helpful but someone that has installed them to answer my questions would work also.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:31 AM
Down South
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Mine are MK1s, so they may not be exactly the same, but all I had to remove was the rear mud flap piece. Once removed, it was pretty easy to see how it lined up. Took about an hour per side, but I was taking my time.

Good luck!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Mark Wagner
Instructor

At a quick glance that mud flap piece looks like it sits under the wheelhouse liner, did you need to remove that liner to get it out?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:13 AM
Down South
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

It's been a while since I did it, but I definitely didn't have to remove the inner liner. I think I may have loosened it a bit for access, but that's it.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:28 AM
robo_porsche
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

There are instructions on how to mount the side skirts (and a lot more) here: http://www.2010.cannell.co.uk/manual...s_porsche.html

The instructions are a bit confusing, but you'll probably figure it out.

I have mounted the side skirts on my MkII, but it was a couple of years ago so I don't remember it all in detail. There is however no drilling required. The upper end of the skirt is fitted to the car with adhesive tape (included when you buy the side skirt). Below the car the skirt is fitted with som clips, as you mentioned in your post. As far as I remember the front and rear are fitted using a small bolts in the holes from the mud flaps (they have to be removed). I don't think you have to remove any wheel house shields, but it is easy to see what has to be removed if you take a look in the wheel houses.

Robert

Quick Reply: Side Skirt MKII install instuctions/TSB