I think it looks great

I enjoyed your revealing methods
I would expect the only improvement would
Be to match the OEM carpet
Thanks for your post
Old 02-07-2014 | 06:11 PM
dmw996
Instructor

You did a great job. Was it hard to move the radio and climate control up? I assume the wires are long enough?
Old 02-07-2014 | 06:20 PM
uncle_scott
Track Day

My climate control was already up top, and the radio was originally an aftermarket Pioneer that was in the center console that I deleted. I had to solder and shrink wrap a new stock wiring harness onto the cut wires from the Pioneer and then they were plenty long to relocate. My iPod hook-up cable from the CDR-220 runs behind the delete I made and comes out next to the driver's side seat.

I am happy enough with the console. I will likely make another one when the weather warms up. I want to build one with a slightly more curvy shape to it like to actual part. I have always enjoyed playing with my cars, and interior projects are always fun because that is the area that you really get to enjoy your car from. As for the "cheaped out on a $160 part"...you are ultimately right. But I look at that as $160 that I can put towards better tires, future coilovers, or any number of other parts and projects I would like to do.

I try not to take things so seriously, these cars have dropped in value, and I recognize it for what it is. A fun daily-driven Porsche that isn't ever going to be a collectors item or a rare gem. Enjoy it while it is here, and then pass it on to the next owner.
Old 02-07-2014 | 06:49 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by uncle_scott
As for the "cheaped out on a $160 part"...you are ultimately right. But I look at that as $160 that I can put towards better tires, future coilovers, or any number of other parts and projects I would like to do.
Further, your "cheaped out" part is something that can be totally reversed or replaced with the "correct" part in the future quite easily. It's not like you cut the fenders off and bolted some Ebay universal flares to it or something.
Old 02-07-2014 | 06:58 PM
uncle_scott
Track Day

Careful, you might give me ideas. haha

Last edited by uncle_scott; 03-17-2014 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Added new pictures
Old 01-06-2022 | 09:23 AM
Brendan Carley
Rennlist Member

Hi, has anyone else ever tried this and can show pictures of their attempt? I can't find a delete kit in dark grey, so am thinking about fabbing up something this year...
Old 01-06-2022 | 01:53 PM
Ruffy Dongles
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brendan Carley
Hi, has anyone else ever tried this and can show pictures of their attempt? I can't find a delete kit in dark grey, so am thinking about fabbing up something this year...
Resurrecting the dead! OE part definitely hard to find now even in black! I have a black one inbound from eBay EU after several US sellers refunded due to no inventory. Took me ~6 weeks to get the plastic panel in granite.
Old 01-07-2022 | 12:42 PM
Idaho911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Brendan Carley
Done the mod, or fabbed up a piece?

I did the mod and have a few pictures.
Old 01-07-2022 | 01:08 PM
Brendan Carley
Rennlist Member

Fabbed up a piece themselves. I'd do the OEM kit if I can find it, but I'm looking for some DIY inspiration. Thanks.

Quick Reply: GT3 Console Delete DIY