996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Voltage/Rev Drop at Stop [VIDEO]

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:16 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Ok, sounds like you have some fundamental problem in your alternator/regulator/cables. After you make sure your battery is fine, you can further diagnose it based on posts #2-9 here http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...er#entry240001
Old 01-24-2014, 12:20 AM
CJWessing
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the tips, looks like I just found out what I'm doing this weekend!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:26 AM
RPMulli
Banned

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by CJWessing
Thanks for the tips, looks like I just found out what I'm doing this weekend!
I had the same symptoms before and my alternator was on its way out... Definitely check your cables and terminals for corrosion.. Also just disconnect your SAI and test.. This could be a quick way to test if the SAI is the culprit. It only happens when the clutch is pushed, correct? I'm thinking the alternator/ regulator is having difficult time managing changes in load and rpm from the engine
Old 01-24-2014, 01:48 AM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RPMulli
I had the same symptoms before and my alternator was on its way out... Definitely check your cables and terminals for corrosion.. Also just disconnect your SAI and test.. This could be a quick way to test if the SAI is the culprit. It only happens when the clutch is pushed, correct? I'm thinking the alternator/ regulator is having difficult time managing changes in load and rpm from the engine
Totally agree. If the OP decides to remove the SAI pump for testing, note that it may trigger the CEL, which should go away by itself once the SAI pump is plugged back in. If not, you can always clear that with a generic OBDII scanner.

Quick Reply: Voltage/Rev Drop at Stop [VIDEO]