Sponsored by:

Sprint Booster Power Converter

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 12:38 AM
teamgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hanging out at San Dawg's PCA event at the Encinitas Cruise Nite
Tossing in a couple pennies on this one so nobody goes out in their Tommy Bahama shirt thinking they're going to plug this little bitch in and go for a spin. The directions for installation on a 996 are *nonexistent*. The graphic shows the interface plugging in atop the pedal when, in fact, the harness is buried behind the dash and you'll need a mirror and a flashlight along with a pound of patience to install the harness interface (unless you're a horse jockey by trade and can fit behind the pedals and look up).

That said, I was stunned how small the controller is. For whatever reason, I thought it was like 3" tall and 1.5" wide. It's actually barely bigger than a thumbnail. I have console delete and the wire/controller tucks nicely in the forward area of the center console. I'm surprised there's no warning in the material regarding harness wire interference with the pedal assembly. It's obvious to most, but one could easily get the wire wrapped up in the pedal and dislodge the harness interface at potentially the wrong time...

As far as the 'performance increase', it falls into the 'no-brainer' category for me. The throttle response on my GT3 was sluggish at best and felt as though there was a wad of shop towels in the exhaust holding back the RPMs. Blipping on downshift simply is a PITA when you have to bury the right side of your foot into the accelerator to get an RPM match. Running in the green setting, program 8, wipes this problem off the white board of 'GT3 Dislikes'. It really 'wakes up' the little German dude who shovels in all the dead dinosaurs to increase the smiles per mile ratio to a more than acceptable level. And the 30 day money-back guarantee makes it a double 'no-brainer'. Just don't wear that Tommy Bahama shirt during the install.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster Power Converter